FMC cutting her hair - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FMC cutting her hair

I don't know about a woman cutting her hair, but I wore a beard for years. As time went by, I got more and more of an inclination to shave it. Finally, I did, but only down to a goatee. I kept that for a few years more and then finally ditched it, too. Both times, I reappeared to provide a shock to my wife. However, it didn't bother me at all. Of course, I was bending to my own growing notion, not an exigent event.

I have had a beard from my early twenties until recently, it mists my glasses when I wear a mask with it, but it often occurred to me it would be an excellent disguise to shave, do whatever dark deed I was planning, then lay low for a couple of weeks until it had grown again. I can grow quite a decent beard in a couple of weeks.
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    I can answer about a women cutting her hair. I have long, blonde wavy hair. It’s got a mind of it’s own and can b wild like it’s human counterpart. Yet,,,it’s beautiful. I have wanted to try a shoulder length style for a long time,,,I just can’t muster up the courage to part w it. I know I will. The time is coming as I fade from one chapter in my life to new exciting chapters. It’s just,,,as Olly said,,his beard will grow back in a few weeks. Not so much long blonde locks that have taken years to grow. So as to the OP question at hand,,,I do believe cutting off ones hair would have an emotional impact on ones self.
    Some girls are made of Supernova’s,Moonbeam dances ,Stardust sprinkles,Forest Witches and Crows Kisses ~ RR

Quote Originally Posted by River Rose View Post
    I do believe cutting off ones hair would have an emotional impact on ones self.
    True! Everytime I cut my hair off I felt that I was freeing myself from the demands of the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by indianroads View Post
    FMC needs to escape a city, she worked in the government that oppressed and executed people that stepped out of line. Now everything is falling apart, so she's disguising herself.

She stripped a dead woman and took her common clothing (FMC is a clothes horse) and now she's in her bathroom hacking away at her long blonde hair (no time for a color job). Before this, she took pride in her appearance and used it to her advantage.

What is she feeling as she crudely hacks it off?
    Liberation.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxee View Post
    True! Everytime I cut my hair off I felt that I was freeing myself from the demands of the stuff.
    For those like me that are follically impaired, understanding this reaction is a challenge.

For those like me that are follically impaired, understanding this reaction is a challenge.
    Indeed, for young men especially who shave their heads when they're young I've heard this referred to as the 'wasted hair years'.

For me, though, I spent the 80's getting spiral perms then at least an hour a day trying to get that coveted curl-explosion of the 'big hair look' that went with shoulder pads, lip gloss, and granny boots with our tight acid-washed jeans that had little zips at the ankles (no stretch denim then, we had to suffer for fashion). Even after that time I hated struggling with hair that didn't want to follow the plan and seemed to only look really great if I was home alone with nowhere to go. After getting cut after cut that was supposed to fix my hairline, minimize my round face, and/or make my glasses look better...I finally decided on a "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with bullshit" haircut.

Hair's just a toy that happens to grow on your head.

...well...maybe not yours. Sorry, Indianroads!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxee View Post
    Indeed, for young men especially who shave their heads when they're young I've heard this referred to as the 'wasted hair years'.

For me, though, I spent the 80's getting spiral perms then at least an hour a day trying to get that coveted curl-explosion of the 'big hair look' that went with shoulder pads, lip gloss, and granny boots with our tight acid-washed jeans that had little zips at the ankles (no stretch denim then, we had to suffer for fashion). Even after that time I hated struggling with hair that didn't want to follow the plan and seemed to only look really great if I was home alone with nowhere to go. After getting cut after cut that was supposed to fix my hairline, minimize my round face, and/or make my glasses look better...I finally decided on a "if you can't dazzle them with brilliance then baffle them with bullshit" haircut.

Hair's just a toy that happens to grow on your head.

...well...maybe not yours. Sorry, Indianroads!
    Funny memories of that time. My wife would get perms back then, and her hair was so tightly coiled that her head wouldn’t touch her pillow at night. Her hair was so big that it touched the ceiling inside her car.

I bet your wife doesn't miss those days any more than I do.

FMC needs to escape a city, she worked in the government that oppressed and executed people that stepped out of line. Now everything is falling apart, so she's disguising herself.

She stripped a dead woman and took her common clothing (FMC is a clothes horse) and now she's in her bathroom hacking away at her long blonde hair (no time for a color job). Before this, she took pride in her appearance and used it to her advantage.

What is she feeling as she crudely hacks it off?
    This is from a male perspective, so take it with a few grains of salt if you like. I've grown my hair long (half way down my back) several times in my life. The first time I had it cut off was torture for me. It was for employment, and while I still had a choice, the job was too good to pass on at the time. It was like I was losing my identity, what made me...me.

I was depressed for a while.

Obviously, there is a big difference between cutting it off for a job and hacking it off so you don't get recognized and killed. However, your MC could be looking in the mirror after the deed is done and get that certain twinge associated with a major change in physical appearance that once was part of their definition of self.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast