Hello....noob here

Thread: Hello....noob here

Hello....noob here

Brand new. Never joined a forum before. I have written several short books for my toddlers and am realizing how expensive it is to try to publish a book. Looking for advice. I donít care about fame or being rich. I just want to do something my kids can be proud of. Something they can point to and say ďmy daddy did thatĒ.

I like you already. Welcome to the forum. I'd LOVE to see a snippet of your work (or in full even) in this section of the forum! Anything posted here can only be seen by forum members and not passing traffic.

https://www.writingforums.com/forums...ction-Workshop
    Just An Ordinary Bloke, Doing Ordinary Things, In An Extraordinary World.

Quote Originally Posted by Newandnervous View Post
    Brand new. Never joined a forum before. I have written several short books for my toddlers and am realizing how expensive it is to try to publish a book. Looking for advice. I don’t care about fame or being rich. I just want to do something my kids can be proud of. Something they can point to and say “my daddy did that”.
    Hey, please don't be nervous. We are a friendly group and try and all pull together to support each other. So if the books are for toddlers do you also do all the artwork as well?
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Unfortunately I am probably the worst artist alive. I just have the stories. I wrote them for my kids and just saved them on my phone. Was hoping to find a publisher that would supply artwork but as I said in the message above, Iím completely naive to the process. I appreciate the warm welcome!

Thank you sir! I have 4 that I have written for them. Just short books. I donít have artwork or anything as I am a terrible artist. In paragraph form they look pretty short. They would need fleshed out with pictures and the like. Here is one of them

Brody the Dinosaur

Watch him walk. Watch him roar. Watch out, here comes Brody the Dinosaur.

Watch him play. Watch him run. Who knew dinosaurs had so much fun.

Look at his big big head, and big big teeth. Look at his big big legs, and big big feet.

He stomps and romps and lets out roars. He's just your typical Dinosaur.

He is kind and sweet, but sometimes ornery. But boy does this Dinosaur love his mommy.

And when it's time for bed, he rests his little Dinosaur head. Ready to wake to a day brand new. Ready to do what Dinosaurs do.