Share the joy: what's your writing success today? - Page 9

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Share the joy: what's your writing success today?

W-E-L-L...I don't know if it's success, but I just managed to write 550 words after procrastinating all day. Thank goodness for WF, so even when I'm not "writing', I'm still writing, if you know what I mean.

Although vranger's got me paranoid about using the word "was"...lol! He did say that an average of 6 times a page was ok...so maybe I shouldn't worry about it. Sometimes it's better not to know so much, because then I'd have to write what I know.

EDIT: 850 now
    Last edited by Taylor; February 15th, 2021 at 01:46 AM.
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    W-E-L-L...I don't know if it's success, but I just managed to write 550 words after procrastinating all day. Thank goodness for WF, so even when I'm not "writing', I'm still writing, if you know what I mean.

Although vranger's got me paranoid about using the word "was"...lol! He did say that an average of 6 times a page was ok...so maybe I shouldn't worry about it. Sometimes it's better not to know so much, because then I'd have to write what I know.

EDIT: 850 now
    Fantastic.
    For me - it helps to not worry too much writing pretty words, I just get the story down on paper (figuratively) and clean it up during editing.

Quote Originally Posted by indianroads View Post
    Fantastic.
    For me - it helps to not worry too much writing pretty words, I just get the story down on paper (figuratively) and clean it up during editing.
    Yeah, I've never been able to figure out how to do that. I write as clean as I can as I go. It's a lot slower. Especially the dialogue. It all has to make perfect sense or I can't move on. What a crazy bunch we are hey!

Where are you at with your second draft?
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Yeah, I've never been able to figure out how to do that. I write as clean as I can as I go. It's a lot slower. Especially the dialogue. It all has to make perfect sense or I can't move on. What a crazy bunch we are hey!

Where are you at with your second draft?
    I'm about 3/4 through, and have removed about 1200 words so far.

My first drafts are fairly clean because I’ve improved my plotting technique.

Quote Originally Posted by indianroads View Post
    I'm about 3/4 through, and have removed about 1200 words so far.

My first drafts are fairly clean because I’ve improved my plotting technique.
    Good work! You are making good time.
    - unknown

Blog Entries
    I organized the week.
    So on Sunday, I can work on other writing projects.
    Yesterday I experienced a small theater text.
    I liked it so much, I enjoyed it.

Today I resume writing the book.
    My dream? Being able to enter people's hearts with words: giving emotions and dreams.
    JK Rowling (Harry Potter) has been rejected more than 10 times Remember, don't give up!
    Thank you all for the help you give me to improve my English.

I wrote 1,000ish words on a new short story today. That's become my new goal--if I sit down to write, I want to squeeze out 1K. So I met that goal and I'm happy about that, but more importantly, I figured out where my story is going. I'm a little over 2,000 words into this piece (started yesterday), and if you had asked me yesterday where I was going with it, I'd have said, "Beats me." For that matter, if you'd asked me today while I was writing, I'd have said the same thing. But after I hit my word count, I thought about everything I'd written so far, and now I feel like I know what I'm doing. So that's my success!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
    I wrote 1,000ish words on a new short story today. That's become my new goal--if I sit down to write, I want to squeeze out 1K. So I met that goal and I'm happy about that, but more importantly, I figured out where my story is going. I'm a little over 2,000 words into this piece (started yesterday), and if you had asked me yesterday where I was going with it, I'd have said, "Beats me." For that matter, if you'd asked me today while I was writing, I'd have said the same thing. But after I hit my word count, I thought about everything I'd written so far, and now I feel like I know what I'm doing. So that's my success!

Yes that 'knowing what you are doing' is the best. I look forward to another story from you.
    - unknown

I just finished my fourth memoir of 2021! One of my writing goals for the calendar year was four memoirs, and now I've met that, and will
    be starting another one soon to surpass. The rest of my life might be a train wreck, but my writing goals will be crushed!

-JJB
    ​"Strong convictions precede great actions....."

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by JJBuchholz View Post
    I just finished my fourth memoir of 2021! One of my writing goals for the calendar year was four memoirs, and now I've met that, and will
    be starting another one soon to surpass. The rest of my life might be a train wreck, but my writing goals will be crushed!

-JJB
    Fantastic! Good work!!!
    - unknown