Share the joy: what's your writing success today? - Page 8

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Share the joy: what's your writing success today?

Quote Originally Posted by vranger View Post
    Wrapped up Chapter 19 in my normal post-midnight writing session, which rounded out my word count at just over 96K. I'm definitely NOT going to wrap this up in the next 5K words. 10 might still do it, though.
    It's exciting, you are getting close!
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unknown

Updated my website with a martial art story. Worked on the blurb/product description and got it to point where it’s not completely awful. Then finally, took a nap - the first editing pass starts tomorrow.

I started out my "late night session" with the idea I'd kick off Chapter 20 just to get it in motion, since I'd taken a break over the weekend after polishing off Chapter 19. I scratched out 500 words, then got on a roll. Before I finished I had almost 1800 words and finished the scene. With what has happened in the story there, I "might" finish it off in this chapter and a bit more. With the trick the MC is going to use to conquer the climax, that doesn't have to be a lengthy passage.
    Last edited by vranger; February 8th, 2021 at 11:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    I spent the weekend researching the book.
    It was very productive.

I've completed the main character sheets.
    My dream? Being able to enter people's hearts with words: giving emotions and dreams.
    JK Rowling (Harry Potter) has been rejected more than 10 times Remember, don't give up!
    Thank you all for the help you give me to improve my English.

I am attempting radical surgery with a butter knife in a desperate race against time, bathed in the shimmering heat of the funeral pyre of my first attempt.

All normal here with the writing life.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxee View Post
    I am attempting radical surgery with a butter knife in a desperate race against time, bathed in the shimmering heat of the funeral pyre of my first attempt.

All normal here with the writing life.
    Better a butter knife than a machete... or a table saw... or dynamite.

Keep plugging away, you'll get it.

I came back to Writing Forums after a long hiatus. Time to get back into the writing world.
    Hidden Content at SPANK the CARP Fiction and Poetry

Quote Originally Posted by indianroads View Post
    Better a butter knife than a machete... or a table saw... or dynamite.

Keep plugging away, you'll get it.
    You were right! I was able to move from butter knife to power sander and now I've just got to tighten the nuts a little more so that the pitch of the screaming reaches high C. Once that's done I can polish it and apply boot to push it out of the helicopter.

Thanks for the encouragement, I really wasn't sure this thing was going to make it!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxee View Post
    You were right! I was able to move from butter knife to power sander and now I've just got to tighten the nuts a little more so that the pitch of the screaming reaches high C. Once that's done I can polish it and apply boot to push it out of the helicopter.

Thanks for the encouragement, I really wasn't sure this thing was going to make it!
    I knew you could do it! Sounds awesome.

Reached the halfway mark of the first edit of my next novel.
    A couple plot holes fixed, but nothing too drastic.
    It's written somewhat lean, but I've still managed to pull 800 words out of it so far.