Share the joy: what's your writing success today? - Page 5

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Share the joy: what's your writing success today?

Early this morning I finished off Chapter 18. This isn't a "writing night", so I'll get a start on 19 tomorrow night. I introduced a solution to one problem which may, to the thinking reader, presage the solution to the crisis at the climax.

I'll have to spend some time thinking on how to make it harder for my hero, because the solution for his problem is too slam-dunk easy given the mechanism in his grasp ... if used cleverly. LOL

Shame on you guys for giving me two in a row. Get busy!!!

I love to juxtapose antithetical concepts where appropriate, and I just drifted into one:

"He began to regress into hysterical sentimentality."

This is in the process of a quarter of my Chapter 19 quota. I thought I'd simply roll into the idea I had for the start of the chapter, but it flowed and I got a lot more than I intended.

Started my first ever blog! I've got no idea what to do with it, and perhaps that's a good thing.
    Craft / Draft / Graft And Write To Entertain Yourself And The reader.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyAz View Post
    Started my first ever blog! I've got no idea what to do with it, and perhaps that's a good thing.
    Congratulations!!

I have to update my blog.
    I almost managed to finish the presentation chapter. And the first draft.
    My dream? Being able to enter people's hearts with words: giving emotions and dreams.
    JK Rowling (Harry Potter) has been rejected more than 10 times Remember, don't give up!
    Thank you all for the help you give me to improve my English.

Quote Originally Posted by LadySilence View Post
    Congratulations!!

I have to update my blog.
    I almost managed to finish the presentation chapter. And the first draft.
    I'm just going to keep it simple. I get easily distracted.
    Craft / Draft / Graft And Write To Entertain Yourself And The reader.

I finished chapter 27 which puts me one chapter ahead of my monthly goal, with still two more days left in January.
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unknown

I love how many "finished [XXX]" posts I see in this thread! It makes my heart happy.

I'm gonna throw out one of my own here: I finished the short story I started last weekend. It's the shortest thing I've written in a good while, capping out at around 1600 words. Love the rush of finishing a thing I've started. Makes me feel like a grown up.

I finally feel as though I've got a writing process shaping up that I've never had before. A methodology that helps me to get some progress done even if I didn't feel inspired to begin with.

Starting out with a dull headache and minor chaos here today (which ordinarily would have stopped me from writing) I worked through the morning and possibly have the idea that I will pursue for the short story competition. Woohoo!