Share the joy: what's your writing success today? - Page 2

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Share the joy: what's your writing success today?

Quote Originally Posted by vranger View Post
    Did you mean "two chapters a month"?

And well done. About how close do you think you are overall to completion?
    Yes...thanks! I went back and edited it. Can I blame that on auto-correct?

Hoping to have it complete by April or May.
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unknown

I haven't had any ideas that were worth writing down for the last couple of weeks, but that all changed a few days ago. I started in on it today and I'm pleased with how it's going. I'm not nearly as productive as others in this thread, so I won't be throwing down thousands of words in a single day most of the time. But the idea is just for a short story, so if I can finish a first draft by the end of next weekend, I'll be satisfied.

Phenomenal day today - 2,500 words written and chapter 24 complete. Four more chapters to go!

This was the chapter where the two main characters first meet - well - they did run into each other earlier but it was brief because he punched her in the the temple and knocked her out... so no conversation.

I'm enthused by how the story is developing. It's definitely non-standard, they're both bad people doing bad things on opposite sides of a war. Circumstances change them though, and as their arcs converge they're morphing into different people. It's a blast to write.

Quote Originally Posted by indianroads View Post
    Phenomenal day today - 2,500 words written and chapter 24 complete. Four more chapters to go!

This was the chapter where the two main characters first meet - well - they did run into each other earlier but it was brief because he punched her in the the temple and knocked her out... so no conversation.

I'm enthused by how the story is developing. It's definitely non-standard, they're both bad people doing bad things on opposite sides of a war. Circumstances change them though, and as their arcs converge they're morphing into different people. It's a blast to write.
    I heard Stephen Kings daily goal was 2,000. You must have been on fire! Good work!!
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I heard Stephen Kings daily goal was 2,000. You must have been on fire! Good work!!
    This is way above normal for me - so it's a bit of a fluke. I can usually get in 1,000 words, but the confluence of characters and events made it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by indianroads View Post
    This is way above normal for me - so it's a bit of a fluke. I can usually get in 1,000 words, but the confluence of characters and events made it easier.
    That must be a great feeling to be so into your characters...
    - unknown

I learned a bunch of new words.

My writing has become more wholesome, in general.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalGreen View Post
    I learned a bunch of new words.

My writing has become more wholesome, in general.
    Oh? What brought that on?
    - unknown

My writing has slowed down these last few days because I am navigating through a treacherous part of the story arc. It is based on real life events of a crime, something like building a fictional story around an actual war. The facts and timelines need to be authentic. But then trying to weave in the fictional part, it all has to work believably with the reality. I feel sort of like I'm on tightrope for a short period and there's no way around it. Only about 400-600 words a day. The good part is, I know if I hunker down and do it, I'll be out of this passage soon, and can get back onto the fun stuff, like the steamy romance.

- unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Oh? What brought that on?
    I guess I am learning to focus on the good, not just the bad, aspects of existence in writing.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast