Share the joy: what's your writing success today? - Page 17

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: Share the joy: what's your writing success today?

Quote Originally Posted by indianroads View Post
    Great! Perseverance, we just gotta keep at it.

I'm closing in on the halfway point in my second edit of my WIP. It's going well, but my cover designer won't get to my stuff until July - and my book will probably be done by the end of May.
    Whoever you use has done an amazing job so far, so I see why you would want to wait. It's only the difference of a month or so. May be you will take longer to edit anyway?
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Whoever you use has done an amazing job so far, so I see why you would want to wait. It's only the difference of a month or so. May be you will take longer to edit anyway?
    Thanks, and you’re right about the editing. I also have another story brewing in my head.

I just marathoned through about 1800 words and finally finished the short story I've been working on for the last several weeks. My favorite word is the "END" that I get to type when I finally finish a piece I've been struggling with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
    I just marathoned through about 1800 words and finally finished the short story I've been working on for the last several weeks. My favorite word is the "END" that I get to type when I finally finish a piece I've been struggling with.
    Wonderful! I love writing “The End” (I’m a bit more verbose).
    Congratulations! It’s great hearing about our victories.

I'm slogging through the process of completely changing style and voice in an extant project.

It's been...interesting.

Getting darned close to having this novel done. It's been two heavy weeks of editing and proofreading. Now it will get a final read from my wife (English degree and a good proofreader herself), and it will be ready to go to the Copyright Office.

Quote Originally Posted by vranger View Post
    Getting darned close to having this novel done. It's been two heavy weeks of editing and proofreading. Now it will get a final read from my wife (English degree and a good proofreader herself), and it will be ready to go to the Copyright Office.
    Sounds great, congratulations!

I powered through about a 1,000 words on a brand-new story idea.

I think people are going to like it.

My successes were yesterday.

One, I finished and sent out my monthly Flash Fiction Flash newsletter (as I've been doing for over twenty years now).

Two, I wrote and finished and sent to the editor my latest monthly essay for OPEN: Journal of Arts & Letters.

I spent most of February either in the hospital or in physical rehab so I'm surprised I was able to meet the deadlines on either of these things. (I'm on the mend but the mending is taking far too long.)
    Free Download of My Chapbook: Flash Fiction: A Primer
    Hidden Content

List Stories: Lists of the Literary Kind. See my essay at Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by EternalGreen View Post
    I powered through about a 1,000 words on a brand-new story idea.

I think people are going to like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamelyn Casto View Post
    My successes were yesterday.

One, I finished and sent out my monthly Flash Fiction Flash newsletter (as I've been doing for over twenty years now).

Two, I wrote and finished and sent to the editor my latest monthly essay for OPEN: Journal of Arts & Letters.

I spent most of February either in the hospital or in physical rehab so I'm surprised I was able to meet the deadlines on either of these things. (I'm on the mend but the mending is taking far too long.)
    Awesome! All movement takes us forward.

I've struggled through the edits of a few chapters - both MC's are struggling with complex problems, writing their situations and concerns so they can be easily followed was tough. Anyway, I got through chapter 19 today (dropped the total WC by 250) - only 9 more chapters to go.