Tinder (Flash Fiction)

Thread: Tinder (Flash Fiction)

Tinder (Flash Fiction)

Something I wrote just for fun:

Tinder

“Why do you bother with all this?” The boy looked around the room at the wall to wall bookcases, packed with novels. “Everything you’ve got here can be held in this.” He took a tablet from his inside pocket and threw it down on the table. “It’s Tinder,” he proclaimed and grinned.

George looked up and grunted. He stood and walked to the bookcases, running his hands along them until he had done a full circuit of the room. The boy shrugged.

Selecting a random novel, George returned to the desk and the boy. Again, the boy shrugged, prodding the Tinder tablet three times. “All in here.”

George brought the book to his ear and riffled the pages with his thumb, listened to it breathing. He ran that same thumb down the cracked spine and felt the life it had lived; opened the book, smelt the era, the author, the words. Then, with the boy still looking on puzzled, he ripped a page from the novel, held it to his ear and listened to it whisper. He crumpled the paper slowly, a light shower at first but then growing to a thunder storm. Once it was a tiny ball of published paper, he popped it in his mouth, chewing on it, tasting the story, then picked up a glass of water from the table and drank it down into his body.

“Fuck Tinder.”
    Just An Ordinary Bloke, Doing Ordinary Things, In An Extraordinary World.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyAz View Post
    Something I wrote just for fun:

Tinder

“Why do you bother with all this?” The boy looked around the room at the wall to wall bookcases, packed with novels. “Everything you’ve got here can be held in this.” He took a tablet from his inside pocket and threw it down on the table. “It’s Tinder,” he proclaimed and grinned.

George looked up and grunted. He stood and walked to the bookcases, running his hands along them until he had done a full circuit of the room. The boy shrugged.

Selecting a random novel, George returned to the desk and the boy. Again, the boy shrugged, prodding the Tinder tablet three times. “All in here.”

George brought the book to his ear and riffled the pages with his thumb, listened to it breathing. He ran that same thumb down the cracked spine and felt the life it had lived; opened the book, smelt the era, the author, the words. Then, with the boy still looking on puzzled, he ripped a page from the novel, held it to his ear and listened to it whisper. He crumpled the paper slowly, a light shower at first but then growing to a thunder storm. Once it was a tiny ball of published paper, he popped it in his mouth, chewing on it, tasting the story, then picked up a glass of water from the table and drank it down into his body.

“Fuck Tinder.”
    Fuck tinder indeed !

Quote Originally Posted by BostonsOwn View Post
    Fuck tinder indeed !
    lol. Have you posted anything new lately? I've been keeping my eye out. I'm not particularly interested in poetry though, and I know you post there sometimes.
    Just An Ordinary Bloke, Doing Ordinary Things, In An Extraordinary World.