My first Post as a Newbie here.

Thread: My first Post as a Newbie here.

My first Post as a Newbie here.

Hello to everyone,

Like all the rest on here I am introducing myself, so here goes.

For many years I have written more out of a need for personal therapy. This included poetry, short stories, technical stuff, etc... Then one day I handed something I had written to a friend and they loved it. That led to a lot of hard work, blood, sweat and tears to produce my first book.

Not happy with that I decided to rewrite it, mainly because the original version still had some writing I was not happy with. I'd written it when depressed and some of the language shone through as a real depressing read. I am not sure that shone and depressing should be used in the same sentence, but that is open for another discussion. As for the book, I have recently self-published it on Amazon.

I am primarily here to learn more about all things writing and give something back to others who might benefit from my experiences in the past. I have quite an extensive pallet of talents, and am always willing to share them with anyone.

A little about what I do.
    1) I'm in my early 50's and very happy in my current relationship of almost 7 years.
    2) I worked for 20 years in the IT industry and craved more creativity.
    3) I've done photography, drawing, painting, etc... (This helped with the book cover for my first book)
    4) I've written a novel, with the second one finished but not completely edited.
    5) I like an easy life
    6) I've been writing poetry since I was about 8.
    7) I like Cats and Polarbears, but necessarily in the same room.
    I hate emoji's as a way of communication. I wish you could an 8 and ) together without the software changing it to smiley!!!!!!!
    9) I work at The National Museum of Computing, Bletchley Park as an educational Guide. On this last point, if anyone is interested in WW2 codebreakers, what went on at Bletchley Park in WW2, Computing since the 1945, I might have an answer for you, so please don't hesitate to ask.

Other than that, it's great to be here.
    Last edited by Snowybear; January 19th, 2021 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Keeps changing the 8 and ) to a smily face.

Welcome to the forum!
    Craft / Draft / Graft And Write To Entertain.

Welcome Snowybear. I look forward to your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowybear View Post
    I hate emoji's as a way of communication.
    I had to laugh about that one.
    There are three ways to fix it
    1) disable smileys in your text (Advanced edit window, options below the edit window)
    2) the easiest is, to simply add a space between the 8 and the )
    3) or... don't number the list, but use dashes
    Hidden Content
    Follow Flashes on...Hidden Content ...Hidden Content ...Hidden Content
    (we even allow simultaneous submissions!)

I know, I loved the irony as well. In hindsight I should clarify the 8th point slightly.

I hate emoji's as a Primary form of communication.

But I take your point, I'll avoid lists

Hi Snowybear, welcome to WF. Reading your intro, it sounds (or should that be reads?), like your are the type of person who's never bored! Congrats on publishing your book on amazon. Once you have made ten posts and become a full member, you can add a link to your Amazon page in your signature.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Snowybear -- Yes! Welcome to the forum!

"I believe in nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of the imagination". Keats, ​Letters

"No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main . . . any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls -- it tolls for thee. " John Donne, Meditation XVII

Hi Snowybear! Welcome.

Great to see so many people joining lately.