How Did You Come By Your User Name?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Did You Come By Your User Name?

How Did You Come By Your User Name?

Mine: I was writing a novel called 'The Black Shepherd'. The protagonist had a sword called Azmacna, so, on another forum I called myself 'Azmacna' as you do. ... I contributed a lot to that forum (Writersbeat) and eventually got a half decent reputation for giving good advise. A good friend of mine called 'Queeny' coined the term 'The Mighty Az' and here I am.

Just for fun, here's the opening to that novel. DON'T JUDGE! lol

The day began like every other: with the weary thought of breathing. Drogue longed for the sweet, soft sheets of eternity; the forever nothingness. Death would be his ultimate prize, the end of a journey spent offering others such sanctuary.

Sorrow was the cape he wore, adorned by the souls of those he had slain, each black jewel a remnant of the dead. Sorrow shivered. Its jewels blinked. From time to time, when light permitted, faces would appear in supplication, screaming at the world in torment before receding back into their tiny, circular cells. By his side, the very thing that woke him, the very thing that made him long for eternal sleep, his sword, Azmacna. His fingers crept to the hilt, curled about its leather like a lover, while his eyes—the colour of oil—ran with the intrusion of day.
    Just An Ordinary Bloke, Doing Ordinary Things, In An Extraordinary World.

I'm a long time biker (motorcycle rider), I rode Harley's for decades - but my first ride on a bike was when I was two weeks old, squeezed between my parents on their Indian Chief. I always liked the art deco styling, but Indian went out of business back in the 1950's. When they started up again in the late 90's I had to have one, and have ridden them ever since.

I used to have a blog with stories about my riding adventures - which was called... can you guess? Indian Roads. My author URL still carries that name.

Tiamat is an ancient Babylonian goddess of primordial chaos. When her offspring murder her mate, she transforms herself into a dragon and goes to war with them.

Granted, I'm not so narcissistic as to think myself a goddess, and I wouldn't exactly call myself particularly chaotic, either. Mostly, I think dragons are super cool and I adore mythology.

Found it on the floor when I was decluttering the back bedroom.
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

I like pine trees, and "evergreen" was already taken.

Also, anything with the word "eternal" is cool.

I was fourteen years old and had just finished reading Eclipse of the Sun by Michael O'Brien. In it, a priest rescues a boy named Arrow from a cult, baptizes him Aaron, but tells him that his secret name before the throne of God can be 'Arrow-In-The-Bow-Of-The-Lord.' I was (still am) obsessed with the idea of secret names, and loved (still love) the idea of being God's weapon that he directs where he chooses. Sometimes I regret it because it's so idiotically long, but then I remember: I was fourteen. It could have been much, much worse.
    In my mouth, if there be sweetness,
    It has come from my Creator;
    If my hands are filled with beauty,
    All the beauty comes from God.
    ~ from The Kalevala (paraphrased)

Whom have I in heaven but You?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides You.

~ Psalm 73:25

Christ is risen from the dead,
    trampling on Death by death,
    And on those in the tombs,
    lavishing light.

My given name was Oliver, my family name Buckle, but on my first day at school when I met Jack he straightaway called me Olly, and that I have been ever since except to officialdom. I considered an assumed name, but then thought 'No, I don't mind being famous, I can handle that', unfortunately ...
    37 videos so far up from 36, added 'moonlight holder' today, 19 Feb.
    Hidden Content

Nothing too original, I have always liked the name Taylor. I was surprised to see it was not taken. Probably because it is so mundane, nobody else thought of it.
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unknown

Never mind
    Last edited by MistWolf; January 18th, 2021 at 04:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    I have always used different nicknames online.

I chose this one, because I am a person who speaks little.
    It seemed suitable.
    My dream? Being able to enter people's hearts with words: giving emotions and dreams.
    JK Rowling (Harry Potter) has been rejected more than 10 times Remember, don't give up!
    Thank you all for the help you give me to improve my English.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast