How Did You Come By Your User Name? - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Did You Come By Your User Name?

I'm Brandon and I write stories.

I'm not very creative, as you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    My name in Dutch...from a time when life was Dutch...and good...and when I was little and could speak Dutch. And now I can only count to ten in perfect Dutch and say 'shit' and 'sausages' in Dutch.
    This is almost a poem
    And by the way, sausages is a far better word than worst...
    Hidden Content
    Follow Flashes on...Hidden Content ...Hidden Content ...Hidden Content
    (we even allow simultaneous submissions!)

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    My name in Dutch...from a time when life was Dutch...and good...and when I was little and could speak Dutch. And now I can only count to ten in perfect Dutch and say 'shit' and 'sausages' in Dutch.
    Craft / Draft / Graft And Write To Entertain Yourself And The reader.

Nothing too deep or original, but I always liked the atmosphere of the highway at night. So thus.

This is a very cool question. I am using this aunt who died of brain cancer at 23. It is her middle name. She died when I was 5 years old but I loved her very much. I am kinda trying it out as my writers name. I googled Louise Voillemin and there was no internet blather attached to it so I thought I would use it. My husband suggested the name VIolette which i think is a very hip name. But I liked Louise because it was a bit boring almost. We tried out various names with Cowboy like Violette Cowboy. But it made me sound like an exotic dancer. We have a Corgi whom we love and his name is Cowboy. I am thinking of a book of poetry of called "My Sister is in Prison". or a detective series on inglorious death. I have started a novel about an over weight man who is an ice fisherman and wears a hat with ear flaps and saw a mermaid as a child who he searched for the rest of his life.

Many years ago, I read Morgan Llywelyn's awesome historical fiction novel Druids and wanted to incorporate the word in an online name. I tried many variations on several sites and all were taken (apparently druids were VERY popular), so I got pissed off and put druid12000...there take that you bastards! And they did. And here I am

Initials of a pen name. Which I misspelled when I registered here (correct letters, wrong order).

I just kind of rolled with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBF View Post
    Initials of a pen name. Which I misspelled when I registered here (correct letters, wrong order).

I just kind of rolled with it.

I later realized I am the walking uncool as usual. I mistook Pen Name for user name. And I thought of it later. So if I could pick a cooler user name on this site. I would take the name of one of my first childhood pets named Babes and a street I grew up on as a child. Hwy JJ. or just double J for short for JJ. So my hypothetically missed chance user name would be Babes JJ.

A nickname a girlfriend gave me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast