How Did You Come By Your User Name? - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Did You Come By Your User Name?

I wanted something short and easy to type in case someone wanted to refer to me, and I'm a fan of the American Old West.

Blog Entries
    My avatar image is of the character Tetsuo from the manga Akira. I'm a big fan of the manga series and loved the character for its complexity, despite him being the main antagonist.
    Where you can purchase a copy of Fallen Sun, my second novel. Hidden Content

First name, Terry, Last name, Durbin. Not shy about it.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

I am variously "vranger" and "vetteranger" around the internet.

It started as "vetteranger" combining my favorite car with my favorite branch of the Armed Forces. In the early internet days (actually before that, with Prodigy and AOL), a friend and golf partner was a former Army Ranger, with some incredible stories of incidents in his service. Today I have a friend who is almost like a brother who is a former SEAL, but it's too late to change.

Over the years, evidently some other people must have decided they liked "vetteranger", because when signing up a new account I'd be informed it was already taken. But the short form never is, so I often just use it without checking the long form first.

The word "lumi" in Finnish means "snow." I've always loved snow and wintertime, and I also have Scandinavian genes (my grandmother's parents were Swedish immigrants), so I thought it fit.

Plus, Lumiiberry is my username for Among Us, so yeah
    "To live life, you need problems.
    If you get everything you want the minute you want it,
    then what's the point of living?"
    -Jake the dog, Adventure Time

I have always loved Polarbears, and back in 1997 when I decided to get a domain name with polarbear in it. Unfortunately for me all nice Polarbear names were taken, so I chose Snowybear instead. Using as an avatar as well as a domain name keeps things consistent and means I don't have to think to much either.

My original username was 'PigletinPortugal' chosen because I love piglets and I live in Portugal. I have always been referred to as PiP on WF, so the then owner changed my username and made it official.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    My original username was 'PigletinPortugal' chosen because I love piglets and I live in Portugal. I have always been referred to as PiP on WF, so the then owner changed my username and made it official.
    A welcome change no doubt.

But 'Pigletin' is a wonderful name for a character in a children's story.
    Craft / Draft / Graft And Write To Entertain.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyAz View Post

But 'Pigletin' is a wonderful name for a character in a children's story.
    *laughing* I will bear that in mind!
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    My name in Dutch...from a time when life was Dutch...and good...and when I was little and could speak Dutch. And now I can only count to ten in perfect Dutch and say 'shit' and 'sausages' in Dutch.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast