Butterfly with a Broken Wing


Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Butterfly with a Broken Wing

  1. #1

    Butterfly with a Broken Wing

    Caterpillar crawling
    Struggling
    Cocooned
    Surrounded by Darkness
    Cannot move
    I struggle
    I fight
    I finally break free
    I am free
    I am freeeee
    Am I free?

    First light of sun
    First kiss of rain
    Amazed at how much I’ve changed
    No longer crawling
    No longer cocooned
    I hop from flower to flower
    Fluttering my good wing
    I can’t believe I’ve made it
    I can’t believe how far I’ve come
    But the others…
    All they see is
    A Butterfly with a Broken Wing

    They point
    They laugh
    They whisper
    And my eyes are drawn
    To those who fly
    Smoothly beneath the summer sky
    So beautiful
    So elegant
    So Free
    Some point
    They laugh
    …at me
    They don’t see the struggle
    Or the obstacles overcome
    To them I am deformed
    Not fully transformed
    So they poke…fun
    At that which they do not understand
    Because all they see is
    A Butterfly with a Broken Wing

    …and I cringe
    I shudder
    I whisper
    I hide
    I want to go back inside
    Time passes
    Now, all I see
    All I am
    is
    A Butterfly with a Broken Wing
    Last edited by happy-hippie; January 13th, 2021 at 09:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by happy-hippie View Post
    Butterfly with a Broken Wing

    Caterpillar crawling
    Struggling
    Cocooned
    Surrounded by Darkness
    Cannot move
    I struggle
    I fight
    I finally break free
    I am free
    I am freeeee
    Am I free?

    First light of sun
    First kiss of rain
    Amazed at how much I’ve changed
    No longer crawling
    No longer enclosed
    I hop from flower to flower
    Fluttering my good wing
    I can’t believe I’ve made it
    I can’t believe how far I’ve come
    But the others…
    All they see is
    A Butterfly with a Broken Wing

    They point
    They laugh
    They whisper
    And my eyes are drawn
    To those who fly
    Smoothly beneath the summer sky
    So beautiful
    So elegant
    So Free
    Some point
    They laugh
    …at me
    They don’t see the struggle
    Or the obstacles overcome
    To them I am deformed
    Not fully transformed
    So they poke…fun
    At that which they do not understand
    Because all they see is
    A Butterfly with a Broken Wing

    …and I cringe
    I shudder
    I whisper
    I hide
    I want to go back inside
    Time passes
    Now, all I see
    All I am
    is
    A Butterfly with a Broken Wing
    Hi Happy
    Profound imagery for the feelings. The transformation of butterfly from caterpillar to butterfly,a long awaited thing for caterpillar, to feel the world as freedom, out of cocoon. And the world placed in front of you more difficult form of vulnerability.
    Really shaked me inside.

    Thanks for the read.
    Keep writing.
    All the very good luck.
    Ritu

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ritudimrinautiyal View Post
    Hi Happy
    Profound imagery for the feelings. The transformation of butterfly from caterpillar to butterfly,a long awaited thing for caterpillar, to feel the world as freedom, out of cocoon. And the world placed in front of you more difficult form of vulnerability.
    Really shaked me inside.


    Keep writing.
    All the very good luck.
    Ritu
    Thanks for the read. I appreciate it.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by happy-hippie View Post
    Caterpillar crawling
    Struggling
    Cocooned
    Surrounded by Darkness
    Cannot move
    I struggle
    I fight
    I finally break free
    I am free
    I am freeeee
    Am I free?

    First light of sun
    First kiss of rain
    Amazed at how much I’ve changed
    No longer crawling
    No longer enclosed <- You've echoed back to 'crawling' but then picked a different word for 'cocooned' I'd use cocooned.
    I hop from flower to flower
    Fluttering my good wing
    I can’t believe I’ve made it
    I can’t believe how far I’ve come
    But the others…
    All they see is
    A Butterfly with a Broken Wing

    They point
    They laugh
    They whisper
    And my eyes are drawn
    To those who fly
    Smoothly beneath the summer sky
    So beautiful
    So elegant
    So Free
    Some point
    They laugh
    …at me
    They don’t see the struggle
    Or the obstacles overcome
    To them I am deformed
    Not fully transformed
    So they poke…fun
    At that which they do not understand
    Because all they see is
    A Butterfly with a Broken Wing

    …and I cringe
    I shudder
    I whisper
    I hide
    I want to go back inside
    Time passes
    Now, all I see
    All I am
    is
    A Butterfly with a Broken Wing
    This is a very similar theme to my 'Coats For Wings' so I felt it fiercely.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyAz View Post
    This is a very similar theme to my 'Coats For Wings' so I felt it fiercely.
    Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I took your suggestion and changed in the original post (It does seem to read better). Is your 'coat for wings' on here?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by happy-hippie View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I took your suggestion and changed in the original post (It does seem to read better). Is your 'coat for wings' on here?
    I don't think it is, come to think of it. I've posted two now so I'll wait a while to post that up. I think you'll relate to it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.