What was the last Movie/TV Show you watched?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was the last Movie/TV Show you watched?

What was the last Movie/TV Show you watched?

Use this thread to discuss any Movies/TV Shows you have watched recently. Tell us a bit about what you thought of them.

I'll start:

I just finished watching a 2010 film called It's Kind of a Funny Story

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Funnystory.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	26319

I really enjoyed it. The lead actor is fantastic and gives off a very real and relatable performance, and I felt a lot of myself in the character as someone who has battled depression and still does. It is rounded out with a great cast, and I always love Emma Roberts. Zach Galifianakis is someone who I haven't seen have a ton of amazing performances, but he really does a stand-out job in this film. The film makes you feel good, and has a sweet storyline. A bit cliche at moments, but heartfelt and nice. I have heard the book is equally as good, it's a shame to hear the Author of it took his own life in 2013. That was really sad to discover after watching the film. I will definitely read the book at some point as I like to do with any adaptations.

I'm watching Wayne's World right now.

A movie adaptation
    of the book 'Grey Mountain' by John Grisham

It is the type of movie that has you gripping your seat and once it's finished you sit in silence digesting the horrors of corporate land rape, destruction and greed.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

No TV for two days now, maybe tomorrow after the aerial man has been, (Secretly I'm quite enjoying it).
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

Blog Entries
    ‘The Flying Deuces.’

...preparing for end of end stage 3 in watching b&w classics, signalling memoirists etc, press.

Although watched entire ‘Serpent’. 1-8. Recommended.

The Platform

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The_Platform_poster.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	26324

Heard a lot about this film, and I can see what all the fuss was about. Very crazy viewing experience. Love how they worked around a smaller budget, honestly such a compelling film. I watched it in the original language with subtitles and feel that was the best choice. Far more emotion in the voices. The actors were great but I'm not familiar with any of them, which I think made me more immersed. The movie is scary look at society in a way and how those at the top consume more than they need at the expense of those at the bottom.

What is about modern films/movies that requires the music to be three times the volume of the dialogue?
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloggsworth View Post
    What is about modern films/movies that requires the music to be three times the volume of the dialogue?
    What films are you referring to in particular?

I think Tenet was the last one where I felt this way, the dialogue was very hard to hear and understand in places. Usually Christopher Nolan is great, but I thought it was weaker than his other films.

List it or love it with Phil and Kirsty is on, and I am looking at the forum, checking out facebook, etc.
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    List it or love it with Phil and Kirsty is on, and I am looking at the forum, checking out facebook, etc.
    Who they?
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast