casual unrelated stuff.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: casual unrelated stuff.

casual unrelated stuff.

So sometimes I think of stuff that isn't really related to anything, but seems sort of relevant, and here is somewhere to put such things.

For example I was looking at River Rose's signature and thinking in a way there was a bit of those things in every girl (and a lot of boys River, you'd be surprised) who had something about them. And it made me think of ancient systems of seeing people in terms of the various 'Humours' and how much of each one they had in them. And that made me think of having a sort of personal list like Rose's signature and rating characters according to it.

or

Looking at that it is interesting how hs work by seeing systems, when physical reality is chaotic, in the sense that all possible combinations exist in the real world and man gets by by restricting himself to a few of them.

or

hs for homo sapiens is a great substitute for 'mankind' put a possessive apostrophe, hs' is the perfect substitute for his or hers in the general situation.

or ... go on, you have a go, it doesn't have to be related to what I have said. It doesn't even have to be now, come back when the thought you had won't fit anywhere and probably won't make a thread.

Just a suggestion, you can post something now if you want, this thread has very few rules beyond the normal ones of personal privacy and decency.
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

Blog Entries
    It’s interesting living in a world of “rules”. I knew this as a little girl. I could not
    understand it. I was so confused. Why I was back here again. I knew of reincarnation from the time I knew how to speak. I remember the day I asked my mom. She was cleaning a window. I was about 5. I told her I was reincarnated and I wanted to know why. I told her I could not go to church anymore bc they were lying. I knew at that point I was alone. No one would understand me. I would have to live my life in an incubator of what I knew. I was a little girl,,,and I knew things I should not know. I could hear people’s thoughts. I could feel what they were feeling. So I isolated myself. My mind exploding w imagination. Creating a world of my own. I would swing all day long. Make up songs. I would rock to sooth myself.
    I still rock. This world is to loud for me. Is why I retreat to the forest. This incarnation has been hard. Very difficult. I am strong. I will learn these lessons. I am determined to. I will b hiking the Camino in 7 years. I am clearing up lifetimes of Karma. I am seeking forgiveness also peace for my soul. So when I return home,,,they will let me stay. I have a tattoo on my forearm of the coordinates of where I will return to. Just for a fail safe. In case they forget. Don’t forget me here. I am just a passenger in time. Passing thru. Until I return home.
    Some girls are made of Supernova’s,Moonbeam dances ,Stardust sprinkles,Forest Witches and Crows Kisses ~ RR

I have no problem with rules as long as they are sensible, things like banning "Amen" because m & e & n are in the word when it wasn't even a reference to men are stupid, it just puts people's backs up - Sorry, shouldn't have mentioned it. The momentum of the moment seems driven by sleights percieved rather than real.
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

My mate lived in Brixton, I was visiting, we spoke of brass bands, I mentioned The Black Dike Band, my friend leaped on it; "Shh. do you want to get killed, you can't talk like that round here!"
    Hidden Content

A whole swathe of entertainment, all sorts of lengths, all sorts of stories, all with that 'Olly' twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    My mate lived in Brixton, I was visiting, we spoke of brass bands, I mentioned The Black Dike Band, my friend leaped on it; "Shh. do you want to get killed, you can't talk like that round here!"
    Dykes get very upset if you get it wrong - all that water and nowhere to go...

Just speaking casually and unrelated to anything else, I'm not related to anyone here. Not that that is in any way relative.

The Tower of London is pretty some parts more than others, and has developed superstitions. One is that when the Ravens leave the tower is when things will crumble, that means all the tourists want to see ravens and they get a lot of attention, only the tourists haven't been coming. Seems the ravens are getting bored and going further afield than usual, and Merlina the head one hasn't been back for ages. There are still seven of them there though, the raven keepers are not panicking 'til it gets below six.
    Hidden Content

What moves a man to hate his neighbours so much that he spends £400 to buy a device purely to blow his own leaves into next door's garden?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloggsworth View Post
    What moves a man to hate his neighbours so much that he spends £400 to buy a device purely to blow his own leaves into next door's garden?
    I had a great vision of two guys with leaf blowers, one each side of the fence ...
    Hidden Content

Who knew? Listen carefully to Elvis singing 'Teddy Bear' and the backing singers are singing 'Hot bananas, hot bananas, boop be dooby-dooby-dooby boop.'
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast