casual unrelated stuff. - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: casual unrelated stuff.

Okay, so various things.
    Any species has to keep mutating in order to stay up with the competition.

Variations in things like virus can be in competition with each other.

Killing the host is not advantageous to a virus, it needs the host to reproduce.

Being highly contagious and symptom free is highly advantageous.

We do not know why, but we do know that covid is often symptom free, it is also highly contagious, would it be possible to develop a form which was always symptom free and then provide the conditions for widespread infection and transmission, aerosols in public places, you know. Would that a. dominate the other varieties, or b. give people immunity to other variants, rather than vaccinating them, infect them.

Hmm. there could be a plot there.
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

Today is

And it reads the same front to back, back to front, and upside down.
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

So today the chancellor of the exchequer presented his budget. Way back when the King collected monies from his Lords the man who worked out what everybody owed had a chequered tablecloth that he did the reckoning on by putting tokens on the squares and moving them around, a bit similar to using an abacus. And that is why it got called 'The exchequer'.
    A new story

Hidden Content

Most of us are living micro lives in a macro world...
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

There seems to be no escaping the scourge, the ingrown toenails of society that permeate every nook and cranny, sometimes hidden for weeks or even months, but then, there they are, out from under the rock, the slimy creatures that serve no purpose but to destroy all that is good in the world. Online, we can use the ignore button as a pesticide, but they're still there; we just no longer see them, but their stench lingers on.
    "He's done more damage with a pen than others have with a pistol."
    Re: Federico García Lorca

Quote Originally Posted by Irwin View Post
    There seems to be no escaping the scourge, the ingrown toenails of society that permeate every nook and cranny, sometimes hidden for weeks or even months, but then, there they are, out from under the rock, the slimy creatures that serve no purpose but to destroy all that is good in the world. Online, we can use the ignore button as a pesticide, but they're still there; we just no longer see them, but their stench lingers on.

you rang?
    *be well*
    " I like it, but I don’t get it." - Megan WF April LM Challenge

"Hereby copyright for all things Xonian and Xxildurim is transferred to one named -xXx-" - Mish The Question Game 2458

"...intrusively poetic, robotic way of articulating thought." - Sycamore LM coffee shop 347

i wrote this:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    (share it with someone you treasure)
    *flash*
    Hidden Content

'Guinness World Records' holds the record as the book most often stolen from public libraries.

Quote Originally Posted by -xXx- View Post
    you rang?
    *be well*
    Dude!

No, not you.
    "He's done more damage with a pen than others have with a pistol."
    Re: Federico García Lorca

Foxee quoted "Olly Olly oxen free!" at me in the 'Ban the person above' thread

There is a South London shout and response you hear at large gatherings like festivals every so often which goes,

Olly Olly Olly

Oi Oi Oi

Olly

Oi

Olly

Oi

Olly Olly Olly

Oi Oi Oi

I have a theory that it is a folk memory. In the days before uniforms rallying shouts were common in armies to let you know who your side were and bring them together. I reckon it dates from Cromwell and the Civil War. South London and Kent was a hotbed of republicans, they were called 'roundheads' because of the 'skinhead' hairstyle adopted by the London apprentices who were one of his mainstays.
    A new story

Hidden Content

I got 'The Totally Awesome Book of Useless Information' for Christmas, so here's a useless fact:

The smallest church in the world is located in Kentucky. It can hold three people.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast