2021 Banished Word list (including phrases) - Page 7

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Banished Word list (including phrases)

awesome
    I actually love this word, in both its archaic and contemporary connotations.
    Nail it to the Cross

Quote Originally Posted by EternalGreen View Post
    "Danced" (as a simile).

"Glistened."
    I literally used these in my story. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalGreen View Post
    So did Tolkien.

It's about the context.
    Appreciate all the help you gave me. Just not cut out for this Writing stuff, will leave it to better creative individuals.

actually

literally

disinterested (objective) when the writer means UNinterested

none (contraction of 'no one') with a plural verb

irregardless (shudder . . .)

"I seen him yesterday" (this abomination is ​increasing

"I believe in nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of the imagination". Keats, ​Letters

"No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main . . . any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls -- it tolls for thee. " John Donne, Meditation XVII

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonTheWriter View Post
    Appreciate all the help you gave me. Just not cut out for this Writing stuff, will leave it to better
    creative individuals.
    Nonsense! You are too good of a writer. You will not quit writing. I will not allow it.
    Last edited by Taylor; January 25th, 2021 at 01:14 PM.
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unknown

Nor will I Brandon! Out of the bloody question. We'll have no more of this bullshit. Remember, every single person on this forum is on the same path. Some have maneuvered most of the tricky curves (or think they have) and see clear road ahead. Some of us--me most of the time--are frantically gearing down to get through a series of murderous twists and turns that would terrify a Lesser Writer. And that ain't me. I know a Nobel or a Pullet Sir or at least a Governor-General's Medal awaits me--just as soon as these idiots who hand out awards realize the huge error they're making in sending me their stupid Declines. It is just as easy to get yourself into THAT kind of mindset as it is to sit by the path mopping your face. C'mon m'man--grab those bootstraps and yank firmly upward. If you get momentarily off-balance . . . . .that's why we're here.

"I believe in nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of the imagination". Keats, ​Letters

"No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main . . . any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls -- it tolls for thee. " John Donne, Meditation XVII

'Ima' -- meaning "I'm going to..."

'Prolly' -- for probably

True story: Last week my mail carrier told me, "Ima prolly be on vacation next week."

Don't worry. They'll never find the body.
    “Fools” said I, “You do not know
    Silence like a cancer grows
    Hear my words that I might teach you
    Take my arms that I might reach you”
    But my words like silent raindrops fell
    And echoed in the wells of silence : Simon & Garfunkel

Those who enjoy stirring the chamber-pot should be required to lick the spoon.

Our job as writers is to make readers dream, to infiltrate their minds with our words and create a new reality; a reality not theirs, and not ours, but a new, unique combination of both.

Visit Amazon and the Kindle Store to check out Reflections in a Black Mirror, and Chase

Hidden Content

I agree! Awesome is awesome.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast