Is it time for a new genre? - Page 3

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Is it time for a new genre?

a happy book from start to finish might be the most difficult genre there is
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    No conflict? No way!

Happy from start to finish? Maybe

Light-hearted? Yes. How would I label it? Seussian
    I would read it anywhere, Sam-I-Am
    Yeah that was Sam-I-AM...lol! The eternal optimist! His friend looked pretty angry though... "Not in a car Sam, let me be!"

Cat in a Hat. "So all we could do was Sit! Sit! Sit! Sit! Sit! And we did not like it. One little bit."

Light-hearted? That's debatable.
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by escorial View Post
    a happy book from start to finish might be the most difficult genre there is
    Agree! More likely found in children's books. Although I'm sure it could be done for adults. But if your theory is correct, then they would be unhappy when it was finished.
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Yeah that was Sam-I-AM...lol! The eternal optimist! His friend looked pretty angry though... "Not in a car Sam, let me be!"

Cat in a Hat. "So all we could do was Sit! Sit! Sit! Sit! Sit! And we did not like it. One little bit."

Light-hearted? That's debatable.
    More light-hearted than "See Spot. See Dick. See Spot chase Dick. Run, Spot, run! See Spot bite Dick!"

More light-hearted than "See Spot. See Dick. See Spot chase Dick. Run, Spot, run! See Spot bite Dick!"
    Perhaps...lol!!
    - unknown

Philosophical fiction... could be military, romance, SciFi, etc.

Blog Entries
    Wow, that's really ambitious! I just learned what creepypasta is. Wikipedia says:

Creepypastas are horror-related legends that have been copied and pasted around the Internet. These Internet entries are often brief, user-generated, paranormal stories intended to scare readers. They include gruesome tales of murder, suicide, and otherworldly occurrences.

Apparently it peaked in 2010. It seems that anything horror-related will always survive with younger readers. I guess it's all part of discovering life. I wonder if there are other stories that are distributed this way that aren't horror.

It makes me think of using social media in conjuction with the written word. A sort of timed story that comes with photos and videos. It seems that social media has taken a huge chunk of our reading time, so we should be finding ways to use it more. Do you know if there are authors doing something with social media that goes beyond just marketing their books?
    I read some Creepypasta, and wow, I was really convinced they were true. The most beautiful one I have read is called "the Russian sleep experiment" seems like a 100% true story

i try to write something next month. It is a great challenge!
    My dream? Being able to enter people's hearts with words: giving emotions and dreams.
    JK Rowling (Harry Potter) has been rejected more than 10 times Remember, don't give up!
    Thank you all for the help you give me to improve my English.

Hook up with online gamers on Discord
    I'm on a couple of servers on discord but haven't seen anything like this. Can you recommend any that fit the bill?

I love this idea! Is anyone doing it already? I think the function of interacting is so inherent in our everyday lives now. I mean...just look at how many hours we all spend on this forum interacting. I'm finding it a life-line when I am at home just writing by myself. It sounds like your concept would need a platform, like a TikTok type thing. I guess someone would have to create the app, and then find a way to make it user generated. So anyone could set up a story as long as they have an account and follow the rules. I thought I saw something like this described in another post, but I can't remember where. Maybe that person will chime in.
    I'm working on it ... always working on it ...

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

The first cut don't hurt at all
    The second only makes you wonder
    The third will have you on your knee
    s
    - Propaganda, "Duel"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

very short story in happy from start to finish genre....

waking up Taylor pushed the fluffy clouds to one side and smiled as the rainbows made the shape of an arch to walk through to get to the fountain of youth to clean the glitter and crystal flakes that always fall while sleeping and dreaming of just another day to add to a wonderful life full of joy and happiness. Later that day after eating marshmellow and pixie dust cereal from the golden bowl of life the day spread itself out into a burst of starlight and shooting stars to accompany a walk through paradise. Afrer another smashing day of laughter and pure thoughts it was time for sleeps time just before the nice person brought those favourite sweets medications and another perfect sleepy time.
    The only one who can heal you is you.

Quote Originally Posted by indianroads View Post
    Philosophical fiction... could be military, romance, SciFi, etc.
    That sounds really intriguing, and ideas come to mind. Can you elaborate about what you had in mind?

- unknown