on the rim of the mug

As they would do
    I can imagine

That's a very
    sudden shift in diet

2020 wasn't that great

Time for a whole new me
    filled with feet and angels

ETA: If this poem is a little bizarre it's meant to be so that's okay. It is something I jotted out for fun because I liked how an offbeat chat-conversation went. I have no expectations for the poem other than that it be entertaining to a degree.
    Last edited by Foxee; January 2nd, 2021 at 07:59 PM.

Consuming angels and appreciating feet and why not? 2020 has shaken the complacency out of all of us (with any luck). Time to re-assess our priorities and look at life anew.

Off-beat and completely mad but yet a poem that maybe makes as much sense as everything else that's happened in the past 12 months. Thanks, Foxee. I enjoyed the surrealism.

I love the fun feel of this one, Foxee. It sounds like another take on "if such and such happens, I'll eat my hat" only it's foot. I have many times suffered from foot in mouth disease, myself. And yes, it did bring on wisdom. I think I much prefer an angel dipped in coffee, though.

Here's hoping 2021 goes down better.
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Maybe I completely misunderstood; coffee and angel shaped spiced biscuits? The only thing that seemed strange was why you wouldn't dip a wing tip after the feet?
    37 videos so far up from 36, added 'moonlight holder' today, 19 Feb.
    Hidden Content

We have an expression here that says: "if you do that, I'll eat my shoe" I think feet are tastier, as long as they're not metrical feet
    Hidden Content
    Follow Flashes on...Hidden Content ...Hidden Content ...Hidden Content
    (we even allow simultaneous submissions!)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Maybe I completely misunderstood; coffee and angel shaped spiced biscuits? The only thing that seemed strange was why you wouldn't dip a wing tip after the feet?
    Nope, you completely understood. So many gingerbread cookies left after Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxee View Post
    New breakfast ritual
    dip a foot into hot coffee
    scent its spices
    consume

Obscure wisdom,
    feet are good for you

Not the most
    holistic regimen?

I ate an angel
    that went pretty well
    though wings outspread
    tend to get hung up
    on the rim of the mug

As they would do
    I can imagine

That's a very
    sudden shift in diet

2020 wasn't that great

Time for a whole new me
    filled with feet and angels

ETA: If this poem is a little bizarre it's meant to be so that's okay. It is something I jotted out for fun because I liked how an offbeat chat-conversation went. I have no expectations for the poem other than that it be entertaining to a degree.
    This poem is so completely FAAAABULOUS! I completely understood that you were eating cookies... reminds me of the way I used to eat those "animal cookies"... do you remember them?... Dipping a lion in my coffee cup .... I love the vibe this poem has... it is as intriguing as the scent of those spiced cookies... You have a wonderful poetic voice...
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Thank you, Fire, that was something I liked about being a mom, it's an excuse to eat animal crackers again. Good memories!