The beauty of fire...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The beauty of fire...

The beauty of fire...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20201215_125610.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	26236Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20201215_125607.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	26237Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20201215_125647.JPG 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	26238Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20201216_134837.JPG 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	26239

Each of these Boro glass leaves are 4 to 6 inches in length, fumed with pure silver ... each one takes about 25 minutes to make... torch temp is around 1600 degrees, they are annealed in a 1150 degree kiln for 5 hours...

after they cool enough for me to touch, they are inspected, then matched with 3 more leaves, strung on thin waxed hemp cord, and strung through small holes drilled through real wood disks... Sun chasers ...not sun catchers....
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Juls, you certainly create magic with fire! These are truly beautiful.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Pip conveyed in an expression exactly what I thought of. Your username is very appropriate to describe what the fire did to the art.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Gorgeous!

awww... thanks every one! I appreciate your fabulous comments Thanks to all who "liked" these pics... you guys are the first to see my new designs, so I feel more confident about putting them in my show!
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Wow Fire, these glass pieces are stunning! They are in collaboration with light creating their own harmony. You are a talented multi-faceted artist in the truest sense. I love all your genres!
    •~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•
    ‘Every man is guilty
    of all the good he did not do’

Voltaire

Great work on these, really stand out.

You are appropriately entitled - Beauty born of fire...
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

Immaculate. They are the closest thing to angelic I've seen in ages. It's like they are intangible and tangible at the same time; beauty that seems to shine in multiple dimensions, and the subtle flashes of colour are *chef's kiss*. They're not just pretty shapes, either, some of them look like they are twisting themselves into balletic poses. Such a sense of 'life' to them that describes motion but frozen in time. If I didn't know they were leaves, I'd swear they were heavenly creatures!

It's so clear to me these are your fire babies. It must be wonderful to conjure with flame and glass. Proper mix of magic, art, and science. So pleased to see more of your talent on show, thanks for sharing ^.^
    "When I am gone, it won't be long before I disturb you in the dark."

~ Hidden Content ~

Quote Originally Posted by Bloggsworth View Post
    You are appropriately entitled - Beauty born of fire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Spatola View Post
    Immaculate. They are the closest thing to angelic I've seen in ages. It's like they are intangible and tangible at the same time; beauty that seems to shine in multiple dimensions, and the subtle flashes of colour are *chef's kiss*. They're not just pretty shapes, either, some of them look like they are twisting themselves into balletic poses. Such a sense of 'life' to them that describes motion but frozen in time. If I didn't know they were leaves, I'd swear they were heavenly creatures!

It's so clear to me these are your fire babies. It must be wonderful to conjure with flame and glass. Proper mix of magic, art, and science. So pleased to see more of your talent on show, thanks for sharing ^.^

Thank you When we are tested, tried, and survive the flame... emerge on the other side, changed.... only THEN can our beauty be revealed, and beauty has a name... it is courage....
    hidden in her eyes....

Author unknown.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast