Covid novels - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid novels

Quote Originally Posted by Theglasshouse View Post
    This is an extremely good subject for a screenplay. It has in fact appeared in a movie which's name I do not know. It can probably be googled. But in one movie I heard it called almost as if calling attention the noravirus. People can always call it the ghost virus, and it will sell well if the writing is done well imo if everything else works.

That movie took place during a world war where history is full of conflict. At first, I thought it was the influenza virus in the Spanish Civil War. As I saw more episodes they called it the noravirus. Forget the stigmata associated with the brand name. It can be fictionalized. The series worked for me. Some children in a scene appeared one vaccine and one did not survive. It is full of emotion and not melodrama imo. Now if there is no copycat concepts I would think it has to be about something else besides the virus to succeed.
    Yes, that's what I think, call the virus something other than Covid. People will understand the parallels. It looks hopeful that Covid will be dealt with within a year by the vaccines. But there will still be concerns about a repeat of it so it should remain a topic of interest.

My story is not simply about life under a virus. It's more that the virus is a background to it.

It's actually a series and is well worth watching.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

I finally know the name of the TV series. Just so you know it is called "The Barrier." It's the one I mentioned that has the noravirus. If you subscribe to netflix. It is well worth seeing.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Quote Originally Posted by Theglasshouse View Post
    I finally know the name of the TV series. Just so you know it is called "The Barrier." It's the one I mentioned that has the noravirus. If you subscribe to netflix. It is well worth seeing.
    I just watched an episode of The Barrier... well done show, tough to watch because it’s too close to our future reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra View Post
    I mean that everyone on this planet has an opinion or perspective about COVID, from one extreme to the other, and everything in-between. Of course we are all entitled to our perspective on anything, but we also need to be aware that not everyone will share it and to be prepared for potential backlash. I've been witness to opinions about COVID becoming aggressive to the point of physical harm. Not saying your words will take it to that extent, but awareness is key in how we reference what we as a collective are experiencing, mainly because it's such a hot topic right now. In 20 years, who knows what we will have gleaned from the virus.
    This is a good point. Covid restrictions have become political. You'd have to be careful not to have your characters express an opinion on Covid restrictions. But if they were just trying to get away from them, I think it could be effective.
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bloggsworth View Post
    It would have to be good to knock "Love In The Time Of Cholera" off the top of the tree...
    Or Albert Camus' "The Plague". I was staying late one night when I worked in Hematology to pass on a result. The Dr in charge came in and saw I was reading that and we discussed it a little, "Could it happen nowadays?" I asked. "I think we have control of the bacterial diseases" he replied "But some of my colleagues in virology have sleepless nights." Not long after that HIV turned up, now this. How right he was.

PS, it is also a good illustration why quarantine restrictions don't work, another lesson that appears not to have been learnt.
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

If I were to write something Covid, it would involve Deep State conspiracies, International Financeers and China's Plan To Take Over The World.

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
    "I think so, but if they called them "Sad Meals", kids wouldn't buy them!"

My wife often says that the earth is trying to rid itself of an infestation... which is us.

If a pandemic scenario is not a main theme just make it a 'pinch of salt' in the story. A bit of flavour. I have a Sci-Fi in near future novel in the making and there it is sort of necessary to add that in as a mention (part of the world's woes in that time). I just invented a silly acronym for the disease running around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12