What are your writing goals for 2021? - Page 3


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: What are your writing goals for 2021?

  1. #21
    WF Veteran Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Posts
    961
    Blog Entries
    10
    Wow, you guys are super prolific. I just want to write one novel a year, you guys are doing 3 to 5 a year. Nuts.
    Where you can purchase a copy of Fallen Sun, my second novel. Hidden Content

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Wow, you guys are super prolific. I just want to write one novel a year, you guys are doing 3 to 5 a year. Nuts.
    It just takes experience and dedication. Anyone can do it if they want to.

  3. #23
    WF Veteran H.Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Northern England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,456
    Blog Entries
    66
    Get my next book wrote in 2021 would be amazing, so that's my writing goal for next year.
    Check out my ebook
    Hidden Content on sale now.
    Hidden Content

    Memories at midnight is now out in Hidden Content

    Why not check out the Hidden Content and join in the latest challenge discussions.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    It just takes experience and dedication. Anyone can do it if they want to.
    You remind me of a guy who won a Nobel prize for physics, the interviewer asked him if it was very hard and he said, "I think anyone could have discovered it if they had wanted to know enough".
    People say people inspire them, but I always feel the motivation comes from within, all they do is show you the way to it.
    \/ Can you get YouTube? \/

    My stories, from just over two minutes to just over sixteen minutes long,
    Hidden Content

    Come and listen, there are hours of them, of all sorts from humour to SF.

    Please mention it to your friends, this is the only advertisement I can afford, and word of mouth is the best advert ever.

    For those who facebook, I have created a user page that the stories get copied over to, look for, Oliver Buckle, The Story Shack, and please give me a "like"

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by LadySilence View Post
    Write at least 1 short story per month.
    That is what I normally attempt to do, as one short story or novella per month is more than attainable. In my case, other ideas pop up in between that usually let me write a lot more than just the one story I planned on. Not complaining, however. The extra ideas/WIPs usually help me in one way or another, and this all helps amplify my passion for writing even further.

    -JJB
    ​"Strong convictions precede great actions....."

    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

  6. #26
    Member LadySilence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Union Europe
    Posts
    169
    Blog Entries
    3
    I use a notebook, paper and pen, where I write the synopsis of all the ideas that come to me, even the most absurd.
    After a while, and I decide whether to use them immediately, or wait.
    I learned that nothing is thrown away.
    My dream? Being able to enter people's hearts with words: giving emotions and dreams.
    JK Rowling (Harry Potter) has been rejected more than 10 times Remember, don't give up!
    Thank you all for the help you give me to improve my English.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Wow, you guys are super prolific. I just want to write one novel a year, you guys are doing 3 to 5 a year. Nuts.
    Even that's insanely polyphiloprogenitive. I aim for one every 3-5 years...


    Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge


    The first cut don't hurt at all
    The second only makes you wonder
    The third will have you on your knee
    s
    - Propaganda, "Duel"

    *

    Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous








  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    You remind me of a guy who won a Nobel prize for physics, the interviewer asked him if it was very hard and he said, "I think anyone could have discovered it if they had wanted to know enough".
    People say people inspire them, but I always feel the motivation comes from within, all they do is show you the way to it.
    There is no external inspiration in writing. Absolutely every bit of it comes from within. If you want to do it badly enough, you will. If you don't, you won't. It's why all of the amateurs who get on forums and cry "motivate me!" are getting it all wrong. Nobody can motivate you but you. You have to develop the drive and the work ethic to get out there and make it happen on your own. Writing isn't a group activity. It's something you do if you're willing to put in the work. Most people aren't.

  9. #29
    2020 and the coronavirus kind of damaged my enthusiasm, especially with all the turmoil it threw the publishing industry into. There were a lot of agents/editors who were just closing their doors to submissions, and publishers going out of business. It made me wonder, here and there, if writing and publishing was doomed to go the way of the dinosaurs.

    Is there a future for books, in a post-Covid world?

    Or will only Netflix remain standing, when the dust finally settles?

    Mostly, I feel that I'm just overthinking things. Perhaps, after everything, publishing will become stronger than ever. One can certainly hope!

    So I'm trying to reframe my mind and get back to that happy place, where words are a joy. It's coming back, but just not as quickly as I would like. I have two novels in progress right now, and I'm just trying to take it one day at a time.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    There is no external inspiration in writing. Absolutely every bit of it comes from within. If you want to do it badly enough, you will. If you don't, you won't. It's why all of the amateurs who get on forums and cry "motivate me!" are getting it all wrong. Nobody can motivate you but you. You have to develop the drive and the work ethic to get out there and make it happen on your own. Writing isn't a group activity. It's something you do if you're willing to put in the work. Most people aren't.
    *slow clap*

    This exactly!

    -JJB
    ​"Strong convictions precede great actions....."

    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.