NaNoWriMo 2020 challenge!

Thread: NaNoWriMo 2020 challenge!

NaNoWriMo 2020 challenge!

Who's participating in NaNoWriMo 2020 (National Novel Writing Month)? Can you write 50,000 words of a novel during November? I've completed it twice: 2012 and 2019. This year I will try again. Who will join me?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NaNo-Shield-Logo-Web.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	26089

Did you know: Hundreds of NaNoWriMo novels have been traditionally published. They include Sara Gruen’s Water for Elephants, Erin Morgenstern’s The Night Circus, Hugh Howey’s Wool, Rainbow Rowell’s Fangirl, Jason Hough’s The Darwin Elevator, and Marissa Meyer’s Cinder.

More details: https://nanowrimo.org/what-is-nanowrimo

“Image courtesy of NaNoWriMo.”
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

I started a "NaNo" project early this year, mid-September, since I doubted I'd be in a creative mood come November with the election. I wrote 90k words in 20 days, finishing the first draft of the manuscript in question. This is my third NaNo, the others being 2018 (54k words that month), and 2019 (86 words by 11/27).

Well done, Fiender. I found it tough but once I got into the rhythm the words flowed. Did you plan in advance or just write?
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I outline the broad strokes of a novel's story, but I come up with the character motivations and minute-to-minute developments in the moment.

I have signed up for it for the first time. Although I wrote 4832 words last night. Not sure it counts. Oh well.

I have been participating in NaNoWriMo for a long time. In fact, I am one of the MLs representing my country. So, my job entails that I don' t just write 50,000 words but also motivate others to write too. I conduct writing sprints everyday throughout the month of November along with the other MLs. So, November is a busy month for me.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Hi Shail, welcome to WF. Keeping everyone motivated as well as keeping on top of your own word count is hard work. Have you gone on to publish any of the books you started during NaNo?
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Unfortunately no, PIP. I have a lot of unedited manuscripts which need to be worked upon for probable publication. I need to find out time for that.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

1690 done this morning. My quota is in. Wish me the fortitude to find another 1667 words tomorrow, Monday. All the best to everyone slugging through.