WF Will Upgrade to New Forum Software!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WF Will Upgrade to New Forum Software!

WF Will Upgrade to New Forum Software!

Dear members,

We are delighted to announce that in January 2021 WF will finally move to a more user-friendly modern forum with many exciting features.

One of the new features will be a place where members can showcase their finished work, much like our current blogs. However, the blogs on the new forum will serve a specific purpose: they are intended for Poetry, Fiction, Interviews, etc. and will be accessible to members who have received an invite to use them from Admin.

Unfortunately technical difficulties make it prohibitive to move the current blogs to the new forum. Therefore we ask you to PLEASE save any blog-content you wish to keep to your own computer before the 1st Jan 2021
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

I'm actually quite happy with what we have already - it may be a bit clunky but at least it works and is simple. I've seen the software on the .org version of this site and it's bloody awful. I hope we can do better than that.

It's going to be nothing like the .org site
    far, faaaar better!
    Hidden Content
    Follow Flashes on...Hidden Content ...Hidden Content ...Hidden Content
    (we even allow simultaneous submissions!)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    technical difficulties make it prohibitive to move the current blogs to the new forum.
    Have you consider the possibility of making a static archive of the present forum as HTML pages that google search may continue to find and link to?

Much of the value of forums like these is usually in the Long Tail.
    Last edited by Pallandozi; October 20th, 2020 at 08:24 PM. Reason: add link

Looking forward to it. Good luck.

I have a question if you don't mind. I use my blog a good deal and is pretty much all I use here. In the case of the Showcase you're describing, my question is: will it be accessible to all members you invite? Will there be a limit on members? How would you choose which members receive an invite?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Neetu View Post
    I have a question if you don't mind. I use my blog a good deal and is pretty much all I use here. In the case of the Showcase you're describing, my question is: will it be accessible to all members you invite? Will there be a limit on members? How would you choose which members receive an invite?

Thanks.
    Good questions, neetu.

Yes, it will be accessible to all members we invite.

I don't foresee there will be a limit on the number of members only what they post. So, If like you they have used the blog to showcase their work, then they will be given access. People can also apply but to begin with we set the standard. We are still ironing out a few creases but right now we felt we should give our members as much notice as possible before we move to the new software.

There will be a few initital teething problems so we ask in advance for our members to be patient and work with us. I promise we will endeavour to make the move as smooth as possible
    Last edited by PiP; October 21st, 2020 at 10:20 PM.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Good luck.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Will this effect using the forum through Tapatalk?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonthom View Post
    Will this effect using the forum through Tapatalk?
    Tapatalk will not be necessary after the move.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast