WF Will Upgrade to New Forum Software! - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WF Will Upgrade to New Forum Software!

My slight unease is that a couple of websites I use (a banking site and my local football team's supporters' unoffocial site) have both been massively changed in recent times. I eventually got used to the football site but the banking one is awful. This has put me on my guard about change.
    I suspect part of the problem is that I access from a desktop PC, and some sites now consider smartphone access as the norm. The only time I touch a screen is to wipe off dust or coffee spray. I used to be at the front end of technology but these days I lag some way behind as I only like to learn new stuff when it's my own choice to do so. The only time I touch screen for technical reasons in to use an Amazon Kindle and the cashpoint.
    All I would ask is to please keep the forum looking reasonably similar to how it currently is, and don't forget that some people have eyesight that sometimes struggles. Maybe I'll buy a 50" monitor one day.

Phil, it's going to be a normal site. I have impaired vision, for me vBulletin has been a horror because every single message has to be enlarged manually, and I am forced to use the magnifier to be able to work. It will be different, but better.

Of course, we all will have to get used to it. But that doesn't mean it will be worse.

And no, it's not especially designed for phones and tablets. There's only an option for phone users to use a mobile app, much better than the one we have now.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Flashes on...Hidden Content ...Hidden Content ...Hidden Content
    (we even allow simultaneous submissions!)

Quote Originally Posted by Darren White View Post
    Phil, it's going to be a normal site. I have impaired vision, for me vBulletin has been a horror because every single message has to be enlarged manually, and I am forced to use the magnifier to be able to work. It will be different, but better.

Of course, we all will have to get used to it. But that doesn't mean it will be worse.

And no, it's not especially designed for phones and tablets. There's only an option for phone users to use a mobile app, much better than the one we have now.
    What will be the app for the new software?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonthom View Post
    What will be the app for the new software?

When we know we will let you know. Please dont worry.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Darren White View Post
    I have impaired vision, for me vBulletin has been a horror because every single message has to be enlarged manually, and I am forced to use the magnifier to be able to work. .
    Have to admire your tenacity, Darren.
    Apologies I have duplicated the last two videos in error. Give me time I will find out how to delete the duplicates, in the meantime avoid the ones with a date instead of a title.

Changelings, my latest story is a science fiction story.

Stories from just over two minutes to just over sixteen minutes long, listen while you work, my friend listens whilst doing her work e-mails Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Great. looking forward to it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks to the admin team for the hard work on this. I work in IT and know what a PITA it is migrating an existing environment to a new software.
    "When a child is abused, he or she will often internalise that abuse as deserved. It is a cruel reality that a child needs the parent so much, is evolutionarily programmed to trust them so implicitly, that when a parent is abusive the child will take the blame rather than completely upend their world and blame the person they depend on for survival." -velo

"Don't fuck with writers, we will describe you." -unknown

Quote Originally Posted by velo View Post
    Thanks to the admin team for the hard work on this. I work in IT and know what a PITA it is migrating an existing environment to a new software.
    I'm dreading it and don't even have to do the migrating. I've always found it a right pain in the arse adapting techie things. If I had my way I'd still be on Windows 98SE.

Congratulation! This decision is great. A better environment has a better fruit! Thank you for the announcement but I personally haven't notable things to be worthy to be saved but probably it is difficult for the active writers to save all their works before the relocation. Good luck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123