Progress...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Progress...

Blog Entries

Progress...

It's a bitch, please excuse my language, but to say that I'm angry right now doesn't come close to how I'm feeling.
    I'm being forced into doing something that I don't think I've ever so much as contemplated, D.I.Y.
    He who doesn't know how to change a plug. It's just not me, I'm sorry.
    And because I don't know how to find or trust a repair-man to fix a section of my garden fence I've decided to attempt it myself.
    Can, well, I thought could, buy all the tools and equipment, save a fortune in the process, much cheaper than a rogue-trader and the job might even get done, so early this morning, I set off, caught a bus out of town and went to my nearest Argos store to tool-up.
    It's been a long time since I last visited that store and things have changed. I walked in and looked around for the a catalogues spread out on tables along with the order-slips, you know those things that were made up of actual pieces paper stuck together like a book, containing listings of prices and products sold by Argos stores. There were none.
    At this point an android approached and politely explained that it was all done with touch screens now and if I'd like to.............. I didn't catch the the rest of of it's programme, I don't know if they're able to take in a verbal response before a pre-recorded message has been delivered but I responded with " can't do that, sorry, " and left.
    Got home and decided that I'd go to the Argos and do the business there, you can even have it delivered.
    You have to be an account holder to buy online, I won't do that because I don't like being dictated to and fear of internet fraud.
    Here I am, wanting to buy stuff, spend money in my poor beleaguered High Street, and I can't.
    The brand of tools that I wanted seem to be only available at Argos and e-bay, they're cheapos.
    I need to be in the mood to go trawling for goods and so for now it'll have to wait.

Life eh?
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

I am a simple soul
    i walk into a store find a person and Tell them what i want

https://www.blackanddecker.co.uk/en-.../-/-/-/-/-/-/-

i use these as multi function Drill/screw driver and two inch circular saw As attachments you can build most things
    We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas

Blog Entries
    Use multi function Drill/screw driver and two inch circular saw As attachments? Build things ???

ME?

The only reason I'm considering such an enterprise is that I can't find someone who will do a proper job.

My wife says she'll go parlez with the Argos androids sometime this week and maybe get the things that I need.

PS,
    Simple I can do but I just can't ask.

Also, if I get the tools and do the job, the equipment may never see the light of day again. Why waste my money on quality equipment?
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

You are talking to the wrong guy
    i love buying tools
    its a bonus if i actually use them
    these battery drills and multi use clip ons are very cool

my wife gets this Accountant guy over to do stuff
    damn he is pretty good
    he never charges
    i know she sleeps with him
    We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofa View Post

my wife gets this Accountant guy over to do stuff
    damn he is pretty good
    he never charges
    i know she sleeps with him

Sounds good t' me.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

Blog Entries
    The wife phoned earlier to say that she'd been to Argos, bought and paid for the tools that I wanted, they would be delivered sometime this afternoon, and that she would not be going to Argos again.
    I really would rather go to a shop for my needs but Argos is a definite no'no now. The last time I went to my nearest B+Q I was driven away by one flustered and probably over-worked under-paid checkout woman who told me repeatedly to go to the self-service checkout, I put the goods back on the shelves and left. There is another B+Q store in the town where I used to work some eight or nine miles away, they didn't have self-service the last time I went as a result of being turned away at the other one, and I don't mind going there, despite the cost of bus-fare, but that place is a Covid hot-spot right now.

The High Street shops don't want to serve us and yet they complain that people are increasingly turning to online shopping. It's a hopeless situation.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

Blog Entries
    I have my drill and the battery is fully charged, shame about [my] battery.

Now I need to go shopping for wood and screws.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    I have my drill and the battery is fully charged, shame about [my] battery.

Now I need to go shopping for wood and screws.
    Go get em’ tiger!!!!! You got this!!!!!
    Some girls are made of Supernova’s,Moonbeam dances ,Stardust sprinkles,Forest Witches and Crows Kisses ~ RR

Blog Entries
    In my dreams Rose.
    No wait, that's not a dream it's a nightmare.

We have a building supplies store on the edge of town, should be good for screws, [ lol! that made me smile , don't ask, ] not sure about the wood though. I don't even know if the drill works, can't even be bothered to do that. I know have to go and check out that store sometime but, but, but, but, living with me must be absolute hell, maybe I'll have a walk out later.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

Blog Entries
    I'm dithering, unsure how approach the job of patching up my fence.
    Could just go and have look around the store for inspiration I suppose.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast