Looking for collaborators on some political satire poetry

Thread: Looking for collaborators on some political satire poetry

Looking for collaborators on some political satire poetry

Hi, I am new here. I am not a poet or even a wannabe, really, so I'm looking for some help.

Several months ago, I got the idea to spoof the current US administration by writing a poem entitled Trumpty Dumpty, based on the children's nursery rhyme Humpty Dumpty. It started out as just a little fun among friends, but it has grown to about a dozen verses. Each one deals with some aspect of the current US administration. I think they are pretty good, but, I'm no expert. And, having limited poetry skills, it's taking me forever to complete many more. I would like to get enough verses to possibly "publish" it in some fashion. And I think it would be great to find someone to illustrate it as with political cartoons as well.

I am looking for a few collaborators who would be willing to contribute verses and/or critique the ones I already have. I have a list of topics that I think still need to be addressed. Time is a problem. If it isn't done in the next couple of weeks, it will probably be moot -- or, at least, I hope so.

I posted a short message in the Introduce Yourself section asking if this is something that is appropriate to post here and, if so, where, but I have not received any responses so far. I did read the locked thread in this section about the difference between the Poetry Board (of which I assume this section is a part) and the Poetry Workshop (which I assume is under the Workshops tab). Unfortunately, I am not (yet?) authorized to access the workshops, so I can't check that out.

Can someone please let me know
    • If this is something that is appropriate to post here.
    • If so, where?
    • If it's the workshop, how I can get authorization?

Thanks

PS: I am not looking to make anything from this. If it does get published, I would be happy to donate all proceeds to this board.

Hi, again,

I was just informed that Darren White moved this post to this section. Thanks, Darren. Being new here, I didn't understand the structure fully.

To give any of you who might be interested in collaborating on this some idea of what I have in mind, I will provide the first and last verses of what I have so far plus one of the middle verses.
    Trumpty Dumpty promised a wall.
    He promised the cost would be nothing at all.
    Heíll make Mexico pay, he said with a smirk,
    But like most of his schemes, it just didnít work.

. . .

His attacks on the press are especially fraught
    His lies are more tangled than a Gordian knot.
    Without the critique of a strong Fourth Estate,
    Our democracy risks an ominous fate.

. . .

Trumpty Dumpty promised a wall,
    ĎTis the country, not Trumpty, thatís taking the fall.
    Can all the good women and all the good men,
    Ever put our country back together again?

I have the complete draft in a Dropbox folder, which I will update as progress is made.

If anyone is interested in working with me on this, please post a verse here. If I get some responses, I will post the Dropbox link.

I hope to hear from some of you who are more talented poets than I.

Thanks

-wk