All Things Rejection! - Page 18

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: All Things Rejection!

Quote Originally Posted by JJBuchholz View Post
    Don't feel bad. Clarkesworld has been crushing everyone's dreams for some time now, myself included.
    They're something of a bucket list market for me so really, it just inspires me to keep trying. And the fact that they're so quick makes submitting to them less daunting, even knowing the likelihood of rejection.

Blog Entries
    Seeing everybody get swiped I threw some awful write into Clarkesworld, and to give me a lift for Wensday/Thursday.

'In Progress' over a month with my two heavyweights. And obviously all editors sitting there like dogs under visors discussing my talents. 'Rejection' shall arrive in junk box 4am when I will/and must re-assess all, every life choices. Walk into the sea. Fantasy has sustained since January, at the 'talking to strangers' level...'you know how I'm in progress at Granta, doctor?'

Blog Entries
    Received a very quick, "Not interested but thanks for playing!" rejection from an agent at Credo. But there's more fish in the sea....
    There are very few problems which cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives....

Are your characters taking a train ride? Visit Hidden Content ...or ask me!

--------Eric H. Bowen

I got sick of rejections until I found the right publisher that needed a book exactly as I presented it.
    Find the perfect publisher / agent for exactly what you are writing.
    You do need a killer query letter, though. It has to nail the market - your targeted readers.
    And you must give them a grammatically perfect sample. It MUST be copy edited... must.
    They will count errors and bounce your submission on the third error for sure.
    JMHO

I got a rejection from The New Yorker today. I've sent them several stories to consider, and I've never once gotten a reply. Plus, their submission guidelines specifically state that they only reply when interested and to assume rejection if you haven't heard from them in 90 days. Today is day 91 and it was just a form rejection, but... does that mean they actually, seriously, for realz considered my piece that they specifically took time to send a reply?

No idea, but that's what I'm going to assume. Y'ALL I *ALMOST* GOT PUBLISHED BY THE NEW YORKER!

In the last three days, I've received form rejections from Fireside, PodCastle, Cossmass, and the Missouri Review. I sent a query letter to Asimov's last weekend since it's been longer than the 45 days their website says should be the max, so I really hope I get my "thanks but no thanks" letter this week. You know, just to really round out the collection.

I got called "Dear Writer" by the Cincinnati Review.

Serves me about right for calling them "Dear Editors," I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
    In the last three days, I've received form rejections from Fireside, PodCastle, Cossmass, and the Missouri Review. I sent a query letter to Asimov's last weekend since it's been longer than the 45 days their website says should be the max, so I really hope I get my "thanks but no thanks" letter this week. You know, just to really round out the collection.
    Does anyone ever get published in Asimov's? Never heard of your first three so I bought a Cossmass magazine since it was Sci-Fi, just to check them out.

Blog Entries
    So, spend three years writing the story, thirteen seconds writing the letter to dear editor Matchu Matchu Matchu although not so much these days, he loves his cat and by the way the job is awful at the moment love to you all from an idiot says my 150 words bio. Finally print the story and attach this bio to it so everybody in the world hates me.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    So, spend three years writing the story, thirteen seconds writing the letter to dear editor Matchu Matchu Matchu although not so much these days, he loves his cat and by the way the job is awful at the moment love to you all from an idiot says my 150 words bio. Finally print the story and attach this bio to it so everybody in the world hates me.
    Does seem like it, time spent - time rejected = crazy. Not everyone hates you though Mat.