Hello!

Thread: Hello!

Hello!

Hello everyone, my name is Chris. Years and years ago, as a teenager I had an account on this site that helped me develop some skills as a writer. In regards to poetry, specifically. I took a long break from writing but I'm back at it now and wanted to come back because I remember this being an excellent forum to share things, get feedback and come up with inspiration from others. I'd be well surprised if anyone recognizes my old account, Wishing4Wings (hey, I was a teenager, it sounded cool to me) but if you do, message me.

Anyways, I love puns, sarcasm and witty banter. I hope to be better for being here and do what I can for others too.

Hello, SaveAGinger, welcome back , Hopefully some of your old friends are still around, but there are many new members, jump on in and get busy posting, I am hoping to read your work! Poetry is my passion and I always get excited when a new poet pops up.... check out the monthly poetry challenge, there are the best of WF poets flexing their poetic prowess.... nice to meet you.... Ooo, by the way, your old user name was cool! Wishing4Wings.... very poetic....
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I hope some of them are around too, they helped me a lot as an angsty teenager. I'll check all of that out for sure, thank you.

I still like the name to be entirely honest. Some things we never outgrow.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveAGinger View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I hope some of them are around too, they helped me a lot as an angsty teenager. I'll check all of that out for sure, thank you.

I still like the name to be entirely honest. Some things we never outgrow.
    Yeah, I know what you mean about people at WF helping you.... I have some outstanding Mentors here that helped me a lot.... this is a wonderful, supportive community, Things have changed, but that supportive vibe remains the same
    She lost herself in the trees,
    among the ever-changing leaves.
    She wept beneath the wild sky
    as stars told stories of ancient times.
    The flowers grew toward her light,
    the river called her name at night.
    She could not live an ordinary life,
    with the mysteries of the universe
    hidden in her eyes....
    Author: Christy Ann Martine

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,
    love leaves a memory no one can steal....
    Author unknown.

Good to hear! Sincerely.

I might be making stuff up, but I think I remember you! But then again, I never really hung out in the poetry space so I could also be lying. Either way, welcome back!
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    -Margaret Atwood