How hard would it be to take over a police station in this case?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How hard would it be to take over a police station in this case?

How hard would it be to take over a police station in this case?

I was told before I might have a plot hole in my script, because a cop is assigned to watch a witness in a hotel, and reader said, why don't they watch her at the police station.

However, I wanted the villains to make an attempt on her, and I didn't think they would do it, if she was held at a police station.

However, I heard on the news not too long ago, that the police station in Seattle was taken over and I thought maybe it's not so far fetched then if this happened in real life. But is it something that can be done by a good chance, or was Seattle a huge exception?

Quote Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
    However, I heard on the news not too long ago, that the police station in Seattle was taken over and I thought maybe it's not so far fetched then if this happened in real life. But is it something that can be done by a good chance, or was Seattle a huge exception?
    The police precinct in Seattle was taken over because the SPD abandoned it and there was no one there. Taking over a manned police station would require lots of men with heavy firepower and isn't something your average criminal scum will be able to do, because we're talking 30+ cops present on a regular basis, then there are SWAT teams with automatic weapons and armored vehicles that would undoubtedly be called in.

In short, not going to happen.

The police station in Seattle wasn't really taken over in the sense that there weren't civilians swarming through it, rummaging through the evidence files and shitting on the desks.

The East Precinct was abandoned, boarded up and the area surrounding it taken over. It's basically impossible to take over a police precinct in a real sense -- especially an occupied one -- because they're essentially fortresses designed against that very purpose.

Oh okay that makes sense. I thought maybe they used some strategy to take it over like get all cops out on 911 calls or something. But that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
    Oh okay that makes sense. I thought maybe they used some strategy to take it over like get all cops out on 911 calls or something. But that makes sense.
    The PD would never leave a station completely unmanned like that. Any excess 911 calls would just be responded to by officers from different precincts.

Clearance sale at Krispy Kreme could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyscars View Post
    . It's basically impossible to take over a police precinct in a real sense -- especially an occupied one -- because they're essentially fortresses designed against that very purpose.
    An aside. Over here architects started designing police stations all glass windows "To put the police and public in contact" Then there was a riot and they had to shut the riot doors on Notting Hill for the first time in nearly a hundred years, suddenly they started being designed with a 'moat', solid concrete ground floor exteriors, and defensible lobbies, as in Brixton.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

How strong are your villians?

If they're really strong, you could have them flex their power by taking over a police station in a dramatic way. That could be exciting. It would also up the stakes if this person is important enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander416 View Post
    The police precinct in Seattle was taken over because the SPD abandoned it and there was no one there. Taking over a manned police station would require lots of men with heavy firepower and isn't something your average criminal scum will be able to do, because we're talking 30+ cops present on a regular basis, then there are SWAT teams with automatic weapons and armored vehicles that would undoubtedly be called in.

In short, not going to happen.
    Unless you’re the terminator, which just happened to kill 30 cops when it did it. LOL!

In many movies I have seen a single cop take a witness to a hotel and hide them to protect them. It’s been done on the big screen so why not on paper? The big advantage there is being hidden. In a police station, no matter how well protected, at some point they will need to leave and that exposes them. It makes sense to hide somewhere, even if less protected, so that they may come and go as needed. And if it just so happens that the location is revealed by a traitor, or an innocent phone call that was traced, then that creates a way for the villains to find them and attack.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast