Pandemic's Impact on my NONFICTION book sales (chart)

Thread: Pandemic's Impact on my NONFICTION book sales (chart)

Lightbulb Pandemic's Impact on my NONFICTION book sales (chart)

PANDEMIC'S IMPACT ON MY BOOK SALES:
    Ran the numbers this week and Covid-19 wasn't good for my nonfiction book sales, which are DOWN 27% compared to this time last year. Ugh! I hit a BIG SLUMP from mid-March til mid-May, but things are finally looking normal again now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image001.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	25929

How are your sales looking so far this year?
    Mikeyboy_esq
    Check out my books for authors including SMART MARKETING FOR INDIE AUTHORS and 14 STEPS TO SELF-PUBLISHING A BOOK.
    Hidden Content

When so many people are depressed they want escapism and fiction. So many people live 9-5 lives and have not escape. I still love history because no one can make some of that shit up.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't know. Got nothin' to sell.

Glad things are now normalizing for you, though.

Non-fiction can be escapism too, depending on what it is. There's likely numerous factors as to why one's book sales may have slumped during this pandemic. Including: some people being more concerned about buying necessities in these uncertain times; people having less spending money because their job was impacted; people picking up new hobbies or pursuing other interests while they have this extra time on their hands; or other reasons that aren't even related to the pandemic, like a surge of new best-sellers hitting the market that may have gobbled up all the public attention and took-over sites like Amazon or other retailers.
    Hidden Content

Self-proclaimed weeb. Reclaim the word.