Posting on others' behalf

Thread: Posting on others' behalf

Posting on others' behalf

Hello! A friend of mine and fellow-writer has a piece for a group we're both part of they'd like to submit to this forum, but finds the sign-up/membership process to be quite finicky, so wants me to post on their behalf. After boning up on the rules on that to make sure I wouldn't inadvertently fall afoul of plagiarism regulations, they made mention of "specific threads and boards exist[ing] for the posting of other people's works with due citations or references to source, and these are the only places where such works may be placed".

Now, owing to the esoteric circumstances of my posting, am I to place the work within one of these threads/boards (obviously with due citation, i.e. "originally written by [NAME OF FRIEND]") - and which board would I put it in - or would I be permitted to put it in one of the usual boards (again, with due citation)? And of course, would it just be better to hassle the friend in question to wade through the sign-up process, which shouldn't be too difficult (they're quite reasonable, really)?

Thanks,
    ~ Carcosan Herald

Hi Carcosan Herald

I am sorry but you can't post on behalf of someone else. All work posted to the creative boards (fiction, poetry, NF) must be a member's own work. They need to sign up and make the ten posts before they can post their own work to these boards.
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check our my personal blog Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PiP View Post
    Hi Carcosan Herald

I am sorry but you can't post on behalf of someone else. All work posted to the creative boards (fiction, poetry, NF) must be a member's own work. They need to sign up and make the ten posts before they can post their own work to these boards.
    See, I thought that was the case, but decided to double-check. Alright, I'll let them know. Thanks, Pip.