Would my story be unmarketable because of the current situation in the U.S.? - Page 13

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213

Thread: Would my story be unmarketable because of the current situation in the U.S.?

No, I mean they are cops on the force with other cops that are doing it. Perhaps one cop doesn't agree with his senior partner who is doing it. They don't want to be whistle blowers. How do they handle it? I can imagine tons of good scenes. They are conflicted because at the beginning the cops going outside the law are doing good. So they don't say anything. Then at some point a bad apple gets in the mix. This guy has the wrong motives. But now they are all implicated because they haven't said anything. They realize they are part of the problem that is happening now in real life. How do they deal with it as cops on the force. Is there a way for them to self-regulate. So they can fix the problem internally.

Oh okay thanks. I do have it so some of the cops disagree and it reaches the point where things go too far for them. However, the police do not become vigilant and brutal on the villains until the third act though, when they are pushed too far. So it doesn't take up a whole lot of the plot, other than the third act, if that makes any difference?

Oh that's perfect! This sounds like a great script. Something I would enjoy. When will it get produced?

Ironpony you might enjoy watching the series Luther. It's a British detective series, but the vigilante cop is on the side of good and breaks the law for the higher ups in power. Maybe some of your characters actions should be positive. That series broke that cliché. It's not a legal thriller I think. It's just a classic case of good people breaking the law chasing bad people (the whole police department are self-aware of the breaking of the law but I think the boss trusts him since he is an exceptional detective almost as if ocd born with a defect in nitroglycerin in the heart). All the people are caught in the series I'd like to think. I never finished it. Because right then it delved into some horror. However, I recommend you watch it. It's about murders though and not "serial" rapists which makes a big difference in public perception. I recommend you watch it when you think you need an idea. Or read the script if you can find it somewhere or buy it. It's the opposite of what you wrote. Watch it on netflix for free if you want. The more scripts you see on the same or similar genre the better. BTW it might be a police agency or a cover-up unit. I know they are not spies. Again, see it if you want because it was consider a cult classic in Britian. I ignored my brother's recommendations and watched it and ignored sherlock holmes the series.
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; June 25th, 2020 at 12:46 AM.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Oh okay, thanks, I'll see if I can find it. How is it the opposite of what I wrote?

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Oh that's perfect! This sounds like a great script. Something I would enjoy. When will it get produced?
    Hopefully soon.

I think that is more a question you'll need to answer by yourself. You know your screenplay well and much better than me. If by the basic description it interests you because it is very similar then try to see it. I bet you could enjoy it. You could also copy some things you might like. Such as imitating the characterization.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

By opposite, it's a subjective truth if I explain. But the whole police department or his bosses know of his breaking the law just as an example. That's starting from his first few episodes. It's in the dialogue of the police chief or head of the department is female. This series has characters that are very diverse. The lead as you know is a colored person. It it not much of a spoiler. But here's another his character is not out to get revenge but tries to do his duty and breaks the law when it will make a difference. In the first episode you see a darker side of the police force but that operates on justice. That and he teams up with someone later on that I dont want to spoil who acts very well as an actor in the story.

Well, that's true. I'll refrain from responding further, just for my own self interest.

Well I could write so that the main character is discovered and punished for what he does, it's just if I do that, then two villains who are arrested walk free then. So I guess it depends on what would the reader rather have happen more... the protagonist being caught for breaking the law in getting those two villains indicted, or not having them walk free as a result?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213