Hi

Thread: Hi

Hi

There might be nothing more intimidating than an empty message box. Iím Tryon. Sometimes I write stuff and other times I donít. Iíll be here, reading a lot at first. I feel like I really need to get a handle on the forum before I start posting. There is so much here. Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of this community.

Welcome! Hopefully we can fill up your message box in the days ahead...

HJC

Blog Entries
    Well, hello, Tryon! Nice to have you here, go ahead and have a look around the forums. Your timing is good if you like to write even sometimes! Check out what just started: Write a story based on the song of your choice! I'm planning to take a crack at this I hope you'll join in. Literary Maneuvers challenges are a great way to get into it.

Tryon -- welcome aboard. Just dive in m'man. You'll find that sometimes you'll be thrown a life preserver, other times a harpoon, either way the intent is always to help out. Now, you might well ask, "how is a harpoon going to help me out?" Ah! you'll have to write something to answer that question. A good starter is to find a poem or story you like, read it a number of times, form your own opinion of it--the good, the bad, and the ugly--then read the forum comments on it. Gives you an idea of how we do things around here. Over many years, I've tried out about six internet writing forums--this one is hands-down the best.

"I believe in nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections and the Truth of the imagination". Keats, ​Letters

"No man is an island entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main . . . any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind. And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls -- it tolls for thee. " John Donne, Meditation XVII