using Eurasia landmass in my early 17th century Japanese Sengoku Period Hard Fantasy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: using Eurasia landmass in my early 17th century Japanese Sengoku Period Hard Fantasy

using Eurasia landmass in my early 17th century Japanese Sengoku Period Hard Fantasy

I want to use the Eurasia Landmass at least the Europe and Russia section for Japan and Asia, but I would flip it upside down and place Europe section were Asia is now.

But I would cut it off from Africa, I don't want Africa in this Landmass.

So can this flipping around the Eurasia Landmass will it work.

LW

Quote Originally Posted by lwhitehead View Post
    But I would cut it off from Africa, I don't want Africa in this Landmass.
    Why don't you want Africa?

I thought you were writing a story based on the 100 years war?

First I have more then One Iron in the Fire at One time, and due having Asbergers I bounce from one setting to other also with this setting I have the least trouble with I think legal wise.

Ok back to me using Eurasia landmass as my 17th Century Sengoku Period, timeframe 1600 to 1630, but without the Three Unifiers. There are some Edo Period touches in this setting like a Police Force,

Now in this Setting I have enough land in Europe and the Middle East for Japan, China, Korea, and in the Asian lands with be Europe and England. Why would I need Africa?.

Also one more thing I'm switching the Races around my Asians are Anglo Westerners and English specially my version of Japan, and the Europeans are Chinese and the English are Black. I'm trying to be Racist but these Anglos will have the same culture of Feudal Japan.

LW

Okay so, a Sengoku Jidai, late period with 15 years extension, without the Three Unifiers, which historically two of them were already dead by that period anyway,

except the Japan's landmass isn't Japan, but Europe and Middle East, which is times larger than it and I suppose it's going to be shared with China and Korea, whereas the so-called 'Asian lands', which I think you meant South and Southeast Asian regions, will be sharing a part with that Europe and England.

Racially, the Asians (which Asians?) are Anglo-Western and English, the Japanese apparently becomes them as well, while the Chinese becomes Europeans (which Europeans?), and the English are Black, which means some of the Japanese are also Black. These new rendition of racially-Anglo-Western-and-Black-English Japanese have feudal Japanese culture.

I'm trying to make a summary of what you said here. And if I get you correctly, I think it would be much better to just make a completely fictional land where the Anglos and Blacks were Samurai with the politics inspired by Warring States Period/Sengoku Jidai.

First I have more then One Iron in the Fire at One time, and due having Asbergers I bounce from one setting to other also with this setting I have the least trouble with I think legal wise.

Ok back to me using Eurasia landmass as my 17th Century Sengoku Period, timeframe 1600 to 1630, but without the Three Unifiers. There are some Edo Period touches in this setting like a Police Force,

Now in this Setting I have enough land in Europe and the Middle East for Japan, China, Korea, and in the Asian lands with be Europe and England. Why would I need Africa?.

Also one more thing I'm switching the Races around my Asians are Anglo Westerners and English specially my version of Japan, and the Europeans are Chinese and the English are Black. I'm trying to be Racist but these Anglos will have the same culture of Feudal Japan.

LW
    I don't think it works at all. Even within the loose rules of world-building, things need to make sense, to seem real. At the very least the world needs to be consistent with itself and with basic (real world) science. If you're going to make exceptions on the science part, you need to come up with your own 'science'.

You said England is part of the 'Asian lands'. Okay, so why are the English black? Black people don't originate from Asia. Technically, best theory is that all human races originated from Africa. Why are the English black but the mainland Europeans asian?

You can exclude Africa, fine, but then I'm not sure how you end up with black people in England while the rest of Europe is east Asian. England was actually settled via Europe so your 'Asians' would have had to turn black at some point in their ancient past, which given the colder climate of the British Isles and the basic workings of evolutionary biology doesn't make sense either.

Anyway, that's probably enough for now, but I would try to approach this a little bit more thoughtfully. World building isn't about just flipping continents and (in Africa's case) pretending they don't exist because you don't 'need them'. You don't need to explain every detail, but this is about audience suspension of disbelief, right?

I'm sensing reading your story will lead to far more questions than answers. Not least because, as a reader, I would want to know how a bunch of black inhabitants of the British Isles managed to absorb the exact same cultural identity as the Asian peoples who live across the English Channel yet apparently have not interbred with them sufficient to make them racially similar if unidentical.

How do I make it work then, I want to create Anglo Samurais and Japanese Feudal culture. England is my setting is the Island of Japan, the British Isles landmasses are the Provinces of One of my 9 Original Great Clans,

LW

How do I make it work then, I want to create Anglo Samurais and Japanese Feudal culture. England is my setting is the Island of Japan, the British Isles landmasses are the Provinces of One of my 9 Original Great Clans,

LW
    Draw your own maps. Japan's culture and society drew from its geography: growing land at a premium, limited metal deposits, frequent earthquakes (by frequent, I mean often enough to be a factor), dangerous seas, heavy cultural influence from a neighbor (China).

Just flipping the British Isles won't produce that same society.

And then in the end, you have Nippon with white people.

The danger of the fantasy genre is that you can get too bogged down in world-building. In the end, unless you're GRR Martin, you're better off focusing upon your characters and plot.
    Never pet a burning dog.

Anglo Japanese on a British Isles Japan isn't gonna be Japanese in their Japan. You just complicate things for it to end up in vain.

You better off making fictional world with Anglo Samurai, culturally and politically adopting the Sengoku era. (Didn't I say this already?)

I've have general characters and plots, but I want to use a flipped and upside down Eurasia Landmass.

Also one of the Great Clans which currently there are Ten isn't on the British Isles but were Sweden and Finland are those Nordic islands, The British Isles is location of my verison of Korea.

The Legend of Five Rings RPG have bin helped with some ideas, like how Samurais can have no Japanese colored hair.

It's the problem of racial drifting and were they came from and ended up,

LW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast