The COVID 19 Discussion thread - Page 22

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1214151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: The COVID 19 Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    I bet if anybody had the bollox to introduce a law saying that under 40's who get the virus will not get any treatment everybody would look the same tomorrow morning. Two eyes and a mask.
    Without a shadow of a doubt.

Boris hails massive success over death toll.

Can someone explain to him having the highest number of excess deaths in Europe is not a success, more is not always better.

Complicated rules introduced about meeting people indoors or outdoors from the same or different family groups, and what constitutes a group, in certain areas.

Don't be daft, since Dominic drove to Scotland to visit his parents no one takes anything they say seriously. Most of it is only advisory anyway, and the rest is unenforceable. I was told the other day someone saw the security man and his mate chatting at the door to the supermarket, no distancing, no masks, that's how seriously people take it .
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

You're putting people's lives at risk, you moron. Now get the hell out of my store
    I am a full advocate of mask-wearing, nose-swabbing, etc. But what's funny is that the quoted text was also true before the coronavirus pandemic. Deadly airborne infectious diseases existed before COVID-19. Folks with preexisting conditions existed before COVID-19. The risk was lesser, but the possibility of death was still very real. But I doubt that anyone would have cared if twelve months ago I tried to argue for common-sense precautions, despite the fact that, corona or no corona, wearing a mask saves lives. So getting up on your soapbox about this Karen person is hilariously self-righteous. What did she ever do to you, anyways. That meme is dumb.
    Stranded in Babylon

My missus, who travels, reckons that in the East where there have been some previous nasties like sars masks have been the norm for anyone who didn't feel well, bit of a sniffle, wear a mask. It does make sense.
    I always used to wear one when we lived in London and I rode a bike to work or took the Northern line tube, but that was self protection. I used to get a mouth shaped grey patch after about half an hour, cities can be filthy places.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

Jonathan Pie sums it up quite eloquently (Language)

<span class="oi732d6d ik7dh3pa d2edcug0 qv66sw1b c1et5uql a8c37x1j muag1w35 ew0dbk1b jq4qci2q a3bd9o3v knj5qynh oo9gr5id hzawbc8m" dir="auto">
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

I remember a little over four (five?) months ago the world uniting in its mockery of people who wore masks in public, with experts broadcasting across national television that the masks weren't necessary and to please stop buying them, because only a so-implied idiot could think they did any good. While I wear a mask, keep to myself, and don't engage in the ongoing social media fights, I sympathize with the people who feel pulled back and forth by flimsy leadership saying one thing in March before flipping onto the next thing in April. This holier than thou attitude expressed by others saying to "Wear a mask, Karen," annoys me more than the people who've finally decided they're not going to listen to widespread inconsistency any longer. In an age of unfettered interconnectivity wherein everybody and their grandmother can have a voice, world leaders should have cupped their nuts a little harder and exhibited a greater degree of leadership. The fallout is their own doing, and the dissident public is well within their rights to tell them to fuck off. You can't gaslight/brainwash/manipulate/whatever word you like a million plus people every other day then expect them to gather in line and nod before every command. It's asinine. And when numerous leaders voiced their support for BLM at the same time myriad news channels were broadcasting images of buildings on fire and people punching eachother in the streets, shortly after telling people to stay the fuck away from eachother, it only exacerbated the frustration and mistrust.

I dont know the english equivalent. But I was recommended by my doctors IVERMECRTINA alpha 6 mg. It is currently sold everywhere where I live. It reduces the effects of the virus if you take it according to research my uncles who are doctors told me. It's traditionally used to kill parasites. What it does is lower the viruses in the body. They discovered this recently. It won't stop co-vid 19 but it gives you a much milder case of co-vid if you take 2 and repeat that after 2 days. Maybe it can be found on a web search. I haven't tried searching until now.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Here's a (the one) paper I found googling: https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...66354220302011

Pretty preliminary and in vitro study only but promising. Presumably though, the Thailand dengue phase III trial (in vivo) had been also preceded by encouraging results from culture studies. …
    They seem to be offering this more as a clinical therapy than as a preventative? I believe that's pretty standard with antivirals.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. Steven Wright

Thanks for looking it up. Supposedly I heard wrong but the best way to take it is at 2 per day. Preferbaly with a meal, and at the same time.

edit: now they told me it's for 2 days only (so I will take 4, I took 2 today and will take 2 tomorrow). In 20 days I have to take it again, just one pill. I am no doctor but that was how I was directed to take it. My mother told me who has 2 doctors in the family (her brothers).
    Last edited by Theglasshouse; August 5th, 2020 at 02:38 AM.
    I would follow as in believe in the words of good moral leaders. Rather than the beliefs of oneself.
    The most difficult thing for a writer to comprehend is to experience silence, so speak up. (quoted from a member)

Well, I'm just very fortunate that my family hasn't had to suffer financially because of this crises, not yet anyway; and my heart goes out to everyone who has lost his or her job or livelihood or is stuck in lock-down in difficult circumstances...