The COVID 19 Discussion thread - Page 13

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The COVID 19 Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Hi Tyron, welcome to the forum. There is a difference between being worried by something and using a reasonable degree of caution. I think your comments about food actually say it pretty well. One of my favourite quotes is from Marcus Aurelius, a Roman Emperor who fought the Germans and died fairly young, probably from T.B. He said "One should not fear death. Death is a natural event, and only fools and children are scared of natural events." Some thing you don't seek, but they are not going to rule your life either

Look forward to you getting your first ten posts and moving on to full membership when you can post in the workshops and we can see some of your writing.
    The breakdown occurs at the definition of 'reasonable'.
    Never pet a burning dog.

Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    The breakdown occurs at the definition of 'reasonable'.
    Not so much a breakdown as a variable. For example, my granddaughter who is a fit healthy three year old, will return to nursery today, albeit with reduced numbers and some distancing. I, who have a condition that involves me taking immunosuppressants and am seventy five, am maintaining isolation. 'Reasonable' should be defined as taking circumstances into account and making an assessment, not as one size suits all.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

A quick thought on God and gender: What use would a purely spiritual being have for gender? It's not going to reproduce, nor does It have any reason to excrete waste. God is God. Alpha, Omega, and All That Is.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    A quick thought on God and gender: What use would a purely spiritual being have for gender? It's not going to reproduce, nor does It have any reason to excrete waste. God is God. Alpha, Omega, and All That Is.
    deleted
    Last edited by Biro; June 3rd, 2020 at 10:08 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    Well God was a man or of male gender or so it is written It was not written that God was a Goddess of feminine gender.

God had a son. He was called Jesus. He had this son not with a Goddess but with a Carpenters wife called Mary She of course was a virgin She claimed she was impregnated by a ghost She then gave birth to the son of God the almighty in a stable.

Of course. It just makes so much sense.

What's the problem?
    Best not to go there imo.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    OK Ralph I think we get your message..........You don't like the President.

No Biro, I am objecting to the attempt to inject fake news into a conversation I am a part of.
    Spread that manure elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Rotten View Post
    No Biro, I am objecting to the attempt to inject fake news into a conversation I am a part of.
    Spread that manure elsewhere.
    With respect, I don't think you being part of a conversation dictates what others can and can't bring to it. You always have the option of no longer taking part if it goes in a direction you don't care for.

Quote Originally Posted by Xander416 View Post
    With respect, I don't think you being part of a conversation dictates what others can and can't bring to it. You always have the option of no longer taking part if it goes in a direction you don't care for.
    Actually there wasn't any. It was just associated comments and jokes to the topic of the virus.

I am told that they have downloaded the track and trace app into everybody's phone. I don't know quite what that means as they then told me it would be in 'settings' rather than apps.
    Thing is I am also told that there has been some malicious use of this, with people reporting themselves ill and then using it to get people confined in isolation for two weeks. The government dismissed it as a minor nuisance, how much of a minor nuisance is what amounts to a fortnight's false imprisonment on threat of a 1,000 fine? Like I said before I am having nothing to do with this, it stinks to my mind, but then I am also pretty safe because I am not having contact with anyone. Hmmm.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

I am more focused on simply not catching the virus.
    I never thought my army NBC training would have any civilian application, but apparently I was quite wrong.
    I spend my days in MOPP1, and my nights sub-quarantined.

Hopefully the Oxford vaccine will be ready soon.