The COVID 19 Discussion thread


Page 1 of 23 12345678911 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 227

Thread: The COVID 19 Discussion thread

  1. #1

    The COVID 19 Discussion thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Irwin View Post
    It's one thing to embrace crazy conspiracy theories. It's another to be so lazy that you can't even bother following proper writing guidelines. Then again, to believe crazy conspiracy theories requires intellectual laziness.
    There needs to be a "Love" option for posts like this. I feel sorry for people who buy into conspiracy theories. Sit with me at my kitchen table for ten minutes, and I'll convince you that Joe DiMaggio is responsible for the assassination of JFK. I've succeeded plenty of times. But I'm honest, so after I have some sucker sold hook, line, and sinker, I do explain that it's all nonsense, and why.

    I've even told people it's not true before I begin, and when I get through, some people say, "Wait. That sounds so logical. It makes me wonder."

    Conspiracy theory wackos need to learn and embrace Hanlon's Razor:

    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    Last edited by vranger; May 23rd, 2020 at 09:15 AM.

  2. #2
    Member dither's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    on the fence
    Posts
    3,757
    Blog Entries
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    Come on Dale, be fair. He said 'believe crazy conspiracy theories', that doesn't preclude giving the saner ones a bit of credence; and I have the feeling his 'intellectual laziness' and your 'blind acceptance' are pretty comparable, they both denigrate taking things on board without thinking about it. You seem more influenced by the manner of expression than the content in this case.

    Getting back to the thread, our cat has become very vocal, it miaows whenever it comes in, and sometimes just passing me in the garden. This is new behaviour.
    Animals are very perceptive I think. Who knows what undercurrents abound with this C19 going on.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

    Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

    Look! I'm trying, okay?

    One can but dream, if only i had dared.

    "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

    I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    Writers are supposed to think out of the box aren't they? So Dale may have a point.

    So Dale an agenda by globalists to reset the economy?

    Ok I can believe that but globalists need sales of goods to make money and further their power so by killing off the population is going to against their policy isn't it?

    Destroying booming economies is going to destroy spending and destroy sales of goods etc isn't it?

    So the agenda is not going to plan it seems?
    It is simple, when companies go bust you can buy them up for pennies. The people who own 98% of everything get hold of most of the other 2%. Then they re-inflate the economy. I can do conspiracy theory with the best.

    I now live in a little dead end street where we have a couple of musical families. One guy is a real enthusiast who first introduced the idea of drumming on applauding the NHS night, then a salsa rhythm. This last week he organised both families as a little orchestra and distributed a song sheet, "Our street, supports the NHS..." sung to the tune of 'Colonel Bogie'. It is kind of nice because everyone comes out in their front gardens and stay to have long distance conversations across the road and we have all got to know each other a bit.
    Visit my website to read and connect to my 'soundcloud', where you can listen to stories songs and more
    Hidden Content

    A thread of links useful to writers wishing to learn
    Piglet's picks. Hidden Content

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    A conspiracy theory is just a story. Dreamed up by someone with a good imagination or by gathering facts and assembling them to mean something else.

    No different than a writers fiction story.
    Don't be knocking writer's fiction.

    Or conspiracies, because they sell books. There are authors who have made a well-paid career off a conspiracy. Not to mention multi-million-dollar media outlets.

    Even Stephen King has cashed in on the conspiracy cow.
    Never pet a burning dog.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    It is simple, when companies go bust you can buy them up for pennies. The people who own 98% of everything get hold of most of the other 2%. Then they re-inflate the economy. I can do conspiracy theory with the best.
    Not bad, but my theory is the virus is a bioweapon released by a consortium of the Commonwealth National Health Care organizations and the major medical insurance corporations.

    This is proven by the fact that the majority of the deceased will be people with serious pre-existing conditions, particularly older people. Each one of those people represent hundreds of thousands of dollars in long-term medical treatment, expenditures which the cabal would have to foot. Sure, 2020 will go deep into the red, but the end result will be billions in expenditures that won't have to be paid in the years to come.

    Better still, the virus is just a flu, and the actual deaths are being caused by the agents of the cabal, which explains why only certain treatments are being advocated strongly. That way they can target the long-term expense-generators, and also take out a few healthy people to cloud the issue. Or even not-so-healthy. Come from a family with a high risk of cancer? Off you go into the next life, and no autopsy performed.

    With the lethal aspect in the meds, and this virus billed as a 'novel' disease, you need very few people to carry it out. If someone stumbles upon it, you blame the pressure of the pandemic having resulted in a failure of quality control.
    Never pet a burning dog.

  6. #6
    Best 25 word conspiracy theory
    We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas

  7. #7

    The COVID 19 Discussion thread

    Here is a new home for discussion of all things COVID 19.

    This isn't the place for debate, tickets to Dante's are available for that.


    Please keep it civil. It would be nice not to have to lock this one.

    Thanks,
    F.

  8. #8
    So have we ruled out a conspiracy by the producers of toilet paper?
    Never pet a burning dog.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    Anybody have a clue what we talk about here?
    No, but it's never stopped me before.
    Never pet a burning dog.

  10. #10
    The only rules are those that cover WF. Everything else is wide open.

Page 1 of 23 12345678911 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.