Which poetry dictionaries and handbooks are best? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which poetry dictionaries and handbooks are best?

Ruth Padel's 52 Ways of Looking at a Poem has a comprehensive glossary of poetic terms. She spent a year submitting a poem a week to one of the Sunday papers.
    Kind regards,
    Hidden Content Katrina
    Hidden Content
    Choreographing Calligraphy

Peter, I found both of these books very helpful and enjoyable top read as well: “The Making of a Poem” by Evan Boland and Mark Strand; “The Shape of a Poem” by Peter Meinke

Katrina and Tim - cheers guys thanks. That's very helpful and very much appreciated. I did get a handbook a few months back (by John Lennard) but thought I'd lost it in. Your messages encouraged me to look again and i've found it. Which is great, cheers (I thought it was big and purple but its small and blue). Cheers guys its much appreciated. I will most certainly check them out. Cheers PG
    Last edited by petergrimes; November 17th, 2020 at 04:03 AM.
    'I don't know what I'm doing'

I can recommend the Meinke book indeed. I have it too, and it's great.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Flashes on...Hidden Content ...Hidden Content ...Hidden Content
    (we even allow simultaneous submissions!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12