Personal statement dilemma

Thread: Personal statement dilemma

Personal statement dilemma

Hello!!

I hope that everyone is doing well. I am currently in the process of writing my personal statement and would really appreciate some guidance.

Unfortunately , I have this thing about me in which I am unable to continue on with my writing unless everything is perfect ( I am horrible at rough drafts).

Currently, I am opening my personal with the following

In light of growing opposition, silence, a rather weak approach in my opinion, has a way granting hope and a false sense of freedom to many of its prisoners. This has proven to be especially true when considering the overall criticism ( from impressionable mentors, friends, and family members) surrounding my decision to highlight on social injustices, more specifically, police brutality, in my personal statement.

I know that there is a better way of transitioning into the second sentence. However, I cannot seem to find it. I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you kindly

What's this a personal statement for? It seems a strange way to start one. I can't parse the first sentence.

Blog Entries
    Get to the point.
    In light of growing opposition, silence , a rather weak approach in my opinion, has a way of granting hope and a false sense of freedom to many of its prisoners.
    Etc.