Torn between two cover designs - your input? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Torn between two cover designs - your input?

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    What is the impression you are trying to invoke?
    Here's the thing, I don't want just another cover that looks like all the other action thriller covers on the shelves. Red letters, gritty textures, explosions, guns, etc etc etc.

I really like clean and minimalist stuff. The packaging of Apple or Olight products is my favorite for all those reasons, so I want to try and emulate that. I feel it's a fresh departure from cliché.

The trick is combining the two. Minimalist and clean action/adventure/thriller cover? Tricky tricky...

Maybe some lightning would do the trick?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XS DP Cover TC.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	25986
    "We learn more by fixing mistakes than we ever would have if things had gone right in the first place."
    --Keith Bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by Eicca View Post
    Here's the thing, I don't want just another cover that looks like all the other action thriller covers on the shelves. Red letters, gritty textures, explosions, guns, etc etc etc.

I really like clean and minimalist stuff. The packaging of Apple or Olight products is my favorite for all those reasons, so I want to try and emulate that. I feel it's a fresh departure from cliché.

The trick is combining the two. Minimalist and clean action/adventure/thriller cover? Tricky tricky...

Maybe some lightning would do the trick?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XS DP Cover TC.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	25986
    I'm loving that! I agree on not liking cliche. This definitely works for me. But it does lead me to think your story has some sort of technical aspects. Something with computers or space or something scientific, like a laboratory setting.
    Sometimes in the waves of change we find our new direction...
    - unknown

On the road. Always traveling. Catch me if you can.
    I like the one with the breaking glass. However, the lettering needs to have a black bar that's just a bit longer and a bit taller behind each each group of text so they stand out.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

I like the broken glass. You should emphasize it somehow. Maybe put an unseen but bright light source behind it so the glass refracts at the observer against the contrast of the darkness. That would catch me. What are the letters? Some sort of cryptograph... a code? I can barely see them.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234