What is Your "Bonus?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is Your "Bonus?"

What is Your "Bonus?"

Yep, this is like at Thanksgiving, where the host makes each person say what they're grateful for before they get to eat. Haha. Why not. Sounds corny but "counting my blessings" puts things in perspective and makes me feel better. Strange that the fewer "blessings" I have at the time, the more I count them.

What do you have that would make you yell, "Bonus!" like the kids do these days? You can name one or do a whole inventory.

Okay, I'll start! The one I'm thinking of right now is that my husband just seems to really like me. I feel lucky for that, especially since we've been together for a long time. I am kind of surprised. Not that I'm a criminal or anything but I'd say I'm kind of a PITA, tbh.

Blog Entries
    I have one everyday. I am an X runner. Meaning I used to b a runner. I could run for 10 miles straight. It was part of me. Then I got a huge injury. I tore my meniscus. I had to give up running. So a part of me went missing. Now,,,I am a walker. I walk bout 10 miles a day. Speed walk 4 on my treadmill and then hike the rest. Depending on the state of the trails. Or,,I just walk the country roads.
    I am thankful everyday for my ability to still walk. The way that feeds my soul.
    When I see a runner, I smile, knowing that used to b me. A part of me was left behind in my running shoes.
    I found a new me in my walking.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    Okay, I'll start! The one I'm thinking of right now is that my husband just seems to really like me. I feel lucky for that, especially since we've been together for a long time. I am kind of surprised. Not that I'm a criminal or anything but I'd say I'm kind of a PITA, tbh.
    This is beautiful.

Among other things, I'm grateful for my hobbies, which make the "lockdown" no big deal for me. I'm actually enjoying it.

Blog Entries
    Being an old fuddy-duddy, do people really yell "bonus" ? For me it would be a barely noticeable air-punch and a whispered "yes!".
    What would cause such a reaction? Can't think of anything right now.
    When and why did such an occasion occur? I can't remember.

What on earth is a "PITA"?

And River Rose, Speed-walking? Ten-milers? You really are, something else.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    It is either a type of unleavened bread or a Pain In The Azz.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    Being an old fuddy-duddy, do people really yell "bonus" ? For me it would be a barely noticeable air-punch and a whispered "yes!".
    What would cause such a reaction? Can't think of anything right now.
    When and why did such an occasion occur? I can't remember.

And River Rose, Speed-walking? Ten-milers? You really are, something else.
    It seriously keeps me sane.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma'am View Post
    It is either a type of unleavened bread or a Pain In The Azz.
    Well? I knew about the bread.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rose View Post
    It seriously keeps me sane.
    Can't argue with that. Having been a runner, I don't suppose it's a big deal for you.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

Alas, i am weak.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast