What's Your Biggest Editing Challenge? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What's Your Biggest Editing Challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post
    That and the punctuation.
    Nah, I like to just vomit commas all over the place and hope for the best.

1. Making the draft coherent.
    2. Making the draft not noxiously bad.
    3. ​avoiding horny jail (occasionally)

I actually find editing/revising more enjoyable than writing the first draft. However, after reading through my own manuscript for the octillionth time (and still finding plenty of errors and little fixes to how sentences are structured) I just get bored of my own story.

Slimming my story down usually. There is often a lot of sentences that probably don't need to be there, but I often worry about messing with the flow by removing them.

Making sentences brief. I tend to ramble on in my drafts, which results in most of my editing time summarizing and paraphrasing the strings of sentences I've written, while still keeping my style.

Quote Originally Posted by estranguerro View Post
    Making sentences brief. I tend to ramble on in my drafts, which results in most of my editing time summarizing and paraphrasing the strings of sentences I've written, while still keeping my style.
    You are far from alone in this one, it gets easier. Sometimes I even catch myself before I do it nowadays, sometimes.

Congratulations on reaching ten posts, the forum is now your oyster
    \/ Can you get YouTube? \/

My stories, from just over two minutes to just over sixteen minutes long,
    Hidden Content

Come and listen, there are hours of them, of all sorts from humour to SF.

Please mention it to your friends, this is the only advertisement I can afford, and word of mouth is the best advert ever.

For those who facebook, I have created a user page that the stories get copied over to, look for, Oliver Buckle, The Story Shack, and please give me a "like"

Quote Originally Posted by estranguerro View Post
    You are far from alone in this one, it gets easier. Sometimes I even catch myself before I do it nowadays, sometimes.

\/ Can you get YouTube? \/

My stories, from just over two minutes to just over sixteen minutes long,
    Hidden Content

Come and listen, there are hours of them, of all sorts from humour to SF.

Please mention it to your friends, this is the only advertisement I can afford, and word of mouth is the best advert ever.

For those who facebook, I have created a user page that the stories get copied over to, look for, Oliver Buckle, The Story Shack, and please give me a "like"

Quote Originally Posted by Olly Buckle View Post

Appreciate the PM on my sentence!

Really opened my eyes to how I can change some stuff in the future.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234