Idea for modern take on self publishing... - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idea for modern take on self publishing...

Sounds like a great idea except for the part of generating enough traffic to make the project well worth it.

Sounds like something workable.
    Last edited by Darren White; August 30th, 2020 at 04:33 AM.

Your idea is very good, but not clear in implementation. Need to have a specific plan, from which to implement those things clearly.

I think we should just try it, sometimes the most incredible startups shoot in an unusual way.

Not exactly your idea, but it made me think of Radish. It breaks novels up into what they call episodes I believe, with each one being between 700 to 2000 words (basically a chapter). As far as I can tell, they deliver, at minimum, one episode per week. It's an interesting idea and seems to be at least somewhat successful so far. You can find it at https://radishfiction.com/
    The dreamer doesn't know me. My name doesn't slip from their tongue. Their eyes haven't stared upon my face. Yet, I'm there.

Blog Entries
    On the Reddit r/story prompts - it seems (how) if you write something clever a moment after the prompt is posted - then you stay up top with 500 lols improving standard of living, self-worth & the usual benefits. If you arrive 6 hours later and post something written middling to poor in their opinion (but they are wrong)you are - irregardless - the 200th comment on the string and only dedicated weirdos will ever reach your prose, achieving four likes, barely alive with a straw on surface waters, y'know?

I mean all good writers there, no money changes hands, well I never read them, just annoying clever writers resolving in under 500 words who are annoying & lucid, probably intelligent/fools.

omf repetition
    Last edited by Matchu; March 23rd, 2021 at 10:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12