If You Could Pick One Topic to Get Direct Help With, in a Video or Article...

Thread: If You Could Pick One Topic to Get Direct Help With, in a Video or Article...

If You Could Pick One Topic to Get Direct Help With, in a Video or Article...

What would you pick?

I spend my weeks making writing help videos and writing articles to help others who are where I've been. I usually just peruse the forum to see what people are struggling with and take an educated stab in the dark. But I decided to try out a more "ask and you shall receive" approach this time. Taking any and all suggestions for a new writing help video or article! Developing believable character backstories got you stumped? Having trouble building a history for your fictional world? Or is it weaving those details organically into the narrative that's blocking you? List away, I'm hear to listen!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. Can't wait to hear from you guys.
    Take your plotting skills to the next level with my intensive course! Hidden Content
    Get your writing analyzed by a published author, licensed teacher, and nationally certified English tutor Hidden Content
    Download my ebook, Strand: the Silver Radio Hidden Content
    Keep being awesome, and write on! Hidden Content

Plot and structure. Not like first-draft crazy skeleton plot, but like, when you already have the ideas down and are trying to build it into a logical structure.
    In my mouth, if there be sweetness,
    It has come from my Creator;
    If my hands are filled with beauty,
    All the beauty comes from God.
    ~ from The Kalevala (paraphrased)

Whom have I in heaven but You?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides You.

~ Psalm 73:25

Christ is risen from the dead,
    trampling on Death by death,
    And on those in the tombs,
    lavishing light.

Perspective.
    Ensuring consistent perspective throughout so that the reader's not jostled about, in and out of scenes and character POVs. I'm not a fan of third person omniscient and first person has its restrictions, too, so...

How to develop ideas into plots.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

The first cut don't hurt at all
    The second only makes you wonder
    The third will have you on your knee
    s
    - Propaganda, "Duel"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

How to write funny dialogue.

I think this is the hardest thing.

How about a good comprehensive refresher on sentence syntax?

Quote Originally Posted by watermark View Post
    How to write funny dialogue.

I think this is the hardest thing.
    You could start a creative brainstorming thread where someone gives a few clues like subject, adjective, verb, etc, and then we take a stab at writing a funny conversation using those words. that would be fun.

Blog Entries
    Please, don't forget to do this in written form as well. Not everyone likes to use video tutorials.
    "Sometimes I wish I could stay asleep, not because my life is that dull and boring but because my dreams are just that good." - Mindy Dyksterhouse (MzSnowleopard)
    Admin @ Hidden Content & Hidden Content
    Student @ Hidden Content
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content