Covid-19 Supplies - Page 9

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Covid-19 Supplies

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    Thanks Foxee, guess I've got nebby neighbours, but then, haven't most people?
    Yes... always creepin. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dither View Post
    Thanks Foxee, guess I've got nebby neighbours, but then, haven't most people?
    I think if you have a neighbor the potential for nebbiness exists! Even well-meaning. I'm hemmed in on every side by neighbors...something that didn't seem like a bad idea at first and now has me wanting to just put the privacy fence up. Robert Frost said that good fences make good neighbors and I totally agree with this. Thankfully I have pretty nice neighbors overall, I just would like to be able to be out grilling or planting or whatever without having to have a bellowed conversation.

NEIGHBOR: "YA GRILLIN', HUH? MAKE ANY FOR ME?"

ME (tries to think of something witty to say and gives up): "SORRY, DIDN'T THINK OF THAT!"

NEIGHBOR: "YA WANT ANY OF THESE GREEN ONIONS?"

ME: "UH, SURE, OKAY. THANKS."

NEIGHBOR: "JUST C'MON OVER AND GET THEM! OR SEND THE KIDS!"

ETC.

Thing is, I hate yelling. Unless I'm mad. I just want to be able to quietly enjoy my backyard. A convo as long as the one above, carried on fortissimo, actually kind of wears me out.

Which is why I love living in the woods. No nebby neighbors lookin', yellin', poke-nosin' around. Of course, the down side is that we could be murdered in our beds and someone might not know it for a week or so...
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

I read this on the internet It must be true

In fact, there is now some evidence from France that smokers are at a lower risk: a trial is now underway giving non-smokers nicotine patches.

For you people who gave up smoking being told you would live longer

Oh Dear
    How sad
    Never mind
    We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Which is why I love living in the woods. No nebby neighbors lookin', yellin', poke-nosin' around. Of course, the down side is that we could be murdered in our beds and someone might not know it for a week or so...
    look on the bright side if you were murdered and then cut up and put in the freezer someone might never know
    and when the new owner has a meet and greet barbeque for all your neighbors you really do become part of the community
    We are the measure of all things. And the beauty of our creation, of our art is proportional to the beauty of ourselves of our souls. Jonas Mekas

I guess that's one way of 'joining in'... if only for a very short while...
    There is no life I know
    To compare with pure imagination.
    Living there you’ll be free
    If you truly wish to be.~ Willy Wonka

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789