Covid-19 Supplies - Page 4

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Supplies

Selling the NHS was started by Tony Blair, not some Conservative, and is well under way already. They call it 'Contracting out' and such like, but basically it is private medicine by the back door.
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

Fascinating. So to get back to the OP, what are YOU doing as far as COVID-19 supplies and workarounds?
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Get ready for the
    May 2021 Collaborator Challenge.

Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!

Twenty five years ago it caused Typhoid, yes?
    Check out our showcase
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    or check out my personal blog, Hidden Content

Kids and household mammals are plumping up nicely. (I have SO MANY recipes!)
    Sometimes, I wrestle with my demons. Other times, we just snuggle.

I can never eat a whole one, personally. S'okay. I like leftovers.

Blog Entries
    At my work (a base with 12,000 employees), they handed out masks... twice. For a whopping 2 hours each time. For all three shifts.
    A couple of days later, the base Commanding Officer sent out an email beginning with: "Now that we all have masks…" Right. You see, the government pretends to solve problems, then moves along.

So, what am I doing? Providing my own masks and supplies for my family. And, of course, planning for way beyond this. I don't really need to buy "supplies", as we've taken care of that years ago.
    I could detail what supplies and such, but I've done that before, and not many seemed to care. It seems like people are caring more now.
    Interesting.

I did buy a case of Spam back in February. Because I like it. It'll go well with the 100 pounds of rice we have stored.
    Opportunities abound! Land and titles available! Be bold! Enquire now!
    See Cazique Gregor MacGregor of details.

Good job, Winston! And yes, the government always pretends to solve problems, then gives out medals, promotions, and pats on the back, and ass-kickings to those who don't "comply." LOL

Be careful not to let weevils into that rice, Winston. Sometimes it comes with them, microwave is good.

My sister in law has been making masks. Her daughter was asthmatic and she has all these high quality left over vacuum cleaner filters that she incorporates in to them.

then gives out medals, promotions, and pats on the back, and ass-kickings to those who don't "comply." LOL
    My Dad was a science teacher in WWII and didn't bother with the rubbish 'civilian' gas mask. Got called up by his headmaster and said why should he carry something he knew wouldn't work. They threatened him with a charge of spreading despondency if he didn't carry it so he used the case for his sandwiches. Some things never change.
    A new story

I finally got 'A Family Business' recorded and loaded, all 37 mins of it, much longer than any I have done before.
    Hidden Content

Nice to know, or maybe not-so-nice to know, that things are the same on that side of the pond too, Olly. /smh...... Government: Can't live with them, can't mount an armed insurrection... Ah well.

I am told that on a ventilator the patient needs to be in a state of induced coma, and that the hospitals are running out of the favoured drugs to do it with and having to use alternatives which can have side effects etc. One would think this might have been foreseen when they were talking about a shortage of ventilators, it seems to be fire stopping rather than any sort of planned response.
    A new story

Hidden Content