Covid-19 Supplies - Page 2

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 Supplies

It's almost funny that they think of their butts before their mouths, but who knows how the human mind works??
    ​Morii

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	House Planet.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	25699
    Sometimes, I wrestle with my demons. Other times, we just snuggle.

Neetu, on Amazon they are selling easy to install bidets for those who don’t have toilet paper. Several companies made them for this pandemic, probably just to capitalize on it. Or perhaps they just want to help. You’re right. Who knows how the human mind works.
    May we be true to both divinely implanted impulses—the yearning for God, and the hunger for knowledge—and know they are the same. John Keats

I’m good on TP, Robbie, I had enough before we went into this panic and I didn’t even bother to pick up more of it. But I know bidets, and they’re a good idea for larger bathrooms. There’s actually another method used in the East which requires just a simple installation of a thin shower type hose behind on next to the toilet, with a spray. It uses the same source for the water that comes to the toilet. It works quite well, but at this time, I dare say no plumber would make house calls! Unless there’s an emergency, of course.
    ​Morii

In Japan, they had washlet toilet seats that retrofitted over a regular toilet. It required no extra plumbing, and only a gfci plug on the wall, beneath the tank, so the seat could plug in. The seat would heat, spray the bottom, or for ladies, also spray the front. They are amazing. I think there may be a company in Los Angeles, (probably Torrance, in Little Japan), but they are put out by Panasonic, I believe.
    Sometimes, I wrestle with my demons. Other times, we just snuggle.

I’ve been told they have something similar in Turkey too. Many countries don’t actually rely very much on toilet paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesiac View Post
    In Japan, they had washlet toilet seats that retrofitted over a regular toilet. It required no extra plumbing, and only a gfci plug on the wall, beneath the tank, so the seat could plug in. The seat would heat, spray the bottom, or for ladies, also spray the front. They are amazing. I think there may be a company in Los Angeles, (probably Torrance, in Little Japan), but they are put out by Panasonic, I believe.
    ​Morii

Good for you Foxee. Smart.
    May we be true to both divinely implanted impulses—the yearning for God, and the hunger for knowledge—and know they are the same. John Keats

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Good for you Foxee. Smart.
    Wish I could take credit but I think it was mostly just what I learned from mom. Self-sufficiency-wise she makes me look like I'm just kidding around.
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Get ready for the
    May 2021 Collaborator Challenge.

Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!

OMG. I hadn’t thought about needing a plumber. You’re right, who would make a house all now? I live in an apartment and they haven’t turned the AC on yet. Am glad we haven’t needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    OMG. I hadn’t thought about needing a plumber.
    Friend of mine and her family are now quarantined in a house with no working toilet (it seems like there should be a joke in there about toilet paper hoarding but I'm outta mental juice for the day) and it looks like the bill for someone to dig it up and fix it will run close to $10,000. So they're using a porta-potty and trying to get her brother's backhoe fixed so that they can dig it up themselves.

Fun times.
    What comes after the NaPo storm of poetry?
    Get ready for the
    May 2021 Collaborator Challenge.

Send your potential partner a fruit basket and start begging!