Your Set of Beliefs and Coronavirus

Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Set of Beliefs and Coronavirus

Your Set of Beliefs and Coronavirus

Your beliefs may ultimately determine whether you live or die from the coronavirus. I will use Steve Jobs, one of the Apple founders who died from cancer, as an example: he was a difficult cancer patient and probably did not believe in alternative treatments; had he been otherwise in these two things, he might still be alive today.

If you believe in the power of alternative treatment in healing you when you are sick, you will be interested in the following post: Secret of How to Keep Yourself & Family Coronavirus Free

Can you explain ....... he was a difficult cancer patient and probably did not believe in alternative treatments; had he been otherwise in these two things, he might still be alive today.

Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    Can you explain ....... he was a difficult cancer patient and probably did not believe in alternative treatments; had he been otherwise in these two things, he might still be alive today.
    Biro, I think it means (1) if he didn't have cancer and (2) believed in alternative treatments, he would be alive today. Just a guess, but I don't know what that has to do with "set of beliefs."
    When the night has come
    And the land is dark
    And the moon is the only light we'll see
    I won't be afraid, no I won't be afraid
    Just as long as you stand by me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Your beliefs may ultimately determine whether you live or die from the coronavirus. I will use Steve Jobs, one of the Apple founders who died from cancer, as an example: he was a difficult cancer patient and probably did not believe in alternative treatments; had he been otherwise in these two things, he might still be alive today.

If you believe in the power of alternative treatment in healing you when you are sick, you will be interested in the following post: Secret of How to Keep Yourself & Family Coronavirus Free
    Science is the answer.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

Blog Entries
    Genes imo.
    If i post a comment on a "WIP", LOOK! I'm a reader that's all, and i can only tell how i feel, as a READER, giving/offering feedback. Hoping to learn and grow here. So please, tell me where i'm going wrong.

Me? I'm just a fly on the wall.

Look! I'm trying, okay?

One can but dream, if only i had dared.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong" Mahatma Gandhi.
    Alas, i am weak.

I must find a way to Eastbourne and i so wish that i could dance.

As well as science in new drugs and treatments. I do believe that eating and drinking the right foods, can boost your bodies defences and other functions. So that they are all operating at 100% and can help you fight off disease.

Will this 'cure' you of serious disease?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    As well as science in new drugs and treatments. I do believe that eating and drinking the right foods, can boost your bodies defences and other functions. So that they are all operating at 100% and can help you fight off disease.
    Indeed - and this too is science in action. Even - to be fair - having positive beliefs and whatnot can reduce your likelihood of getting disease and improve your quality of life somewhat by lowering stress and cortisol levels, also supported by evidence as I understand it. But curing cancer and covid-19? I don't think so. Then again, the OP claimed nothing but subjunctive-heavy conjecture, so I dunno what I'm really doing here tbh. Battling the forces of woo I guess.

Hidden Content Monthly Fiction Challenge

Beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror which we are barely able to endure, and are awed,
    because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    - Rainer Maria Rilke, "Elegy I"

Is this fire, or is this mask?
    It's the Mantasy!
    - Anonymous

C'mon everybody, don't need this crap.
    - Wham!

I did some work with the organic crowd a while back and one thing I found was a simple observation but not many people realise this.

Farm animals are kept in lush green fields but in their wild state they would eat a multitude of foods in many different areas. They do this to get a varied diet is one reason. Because we keep them restrained to one area. The land they are on may be deficient in minerals and trace elements. So the farmer 'should' give them these missing minerals etc in a 'lick'. The animal needs them so it will grow healthy and fight off disease.

Our diet from non organic food is just veg and other food grown with fertiliser to grow as quickly and as cheaply as possible. That food will be lacking in minerals and trace elements so in effect our food does not contain same and we lack those same things.

If we are lacking in those things then diseases and conditions can develop as they do in farm animals which do not have supplementary 'licks'.

Organic food does have a lot of these minerals etc because of several factors.

How many of us just eat 100% organic and more importantly how many of us take supplements to replace what may be missing from our diet?

If our bodies aren't getting the 100%, then they obviously can't be functioning at the 100%. So is this how we are susceptible to disease?

Media pretends there isn't an issue, calls those voicing concern conspiracy nuts or bigots. Problem becomes undeniable, calls those wary of loss of civil liberties and economic downturn idiots and ant-science. "Science" is just code for academia and institutional power, having almost nothing to do with actual empiricism these days. Fuck "science." Trust your own eyes more and the media less.
    You can never hate something so thoroughly as that which destroys what you love, and who is more guilty of this crime than the stranger who was once a lover?

I was amused when, a Republican senator was talking about how CoVid 19 was mutating and a Democrate interupted him with the comment "I thought you didn't believe in evolution..."
    A man in possession of a wooden spoon must be in want of a pot to stir.

Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast