Are Self-Published Sequels Difficult to Get People's Attention? - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Are Self-Published Sequels Difficult to Get People's Attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Biro View Post
    The problem with peoples books is the amount of characters in the story. How does one voice actor do all those different voices and still narrate the story. I think there is at least 40 different people in my book alone who have speaking parts. From 3 different countries and about 10 different accents.
    I wonders about that, too. Turns out it's not a dramatic performance. It is one narrator reading your book out loud.
    Never pet a burning dog.

Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    I wonders about that, too. Turns out it's not a dramatic performance. It is one narrator reading your book out loud.
    I know that or should I say I assumed that which can work in some cases possibly. But I was watching a well known professional voice over man last year who was giving an example and he was going into character when someone was speaking in the story.

Possibly because they are called voice actors or talents nowadays?

I know that or should I say I assumed that which can work in some cases possibly. But I was watching a well known professional voice over man last year who was giving an example and he was going into character when someone was speaking in the story.

Possibly because they are called voice actors or talents nowadays?
    I just selected my narrator, and from reading countless bios, they all appear to be trained actors. Quite a few big name actors narrate books as well, Sean Bean as one example.

I've never listened to a whole audio book, so I'm just guessing here.
    Never pet a burning dog.

Quote Originally Posted by RWK View Post
    I just selected my narrator, and from reading countless bios, they all appear to be trained actors. Quite a few big name actors narrate books as well, Sean Bean as one example.

I've never listened to a whole audio book, so I'm just guessing here.
    So your fella just told the story (narration) and no different characters? How did it sound when finished?

A bit of thread-drift here, but I'll chime in on the audiobook topic first.
    As a reader, I only listen to audiobooks when I have to travel long distance by car. Driving from Colorado Springs CO to Palm Desert CA is a long and exceeding dull ride, and listening to a book helps pass the time.

Otherwise, I read on my Kindle (I've not purchased a non-electronic book for many years). I read just before going to bed every night, and go through about 3 or 4 books a month.

To the original topic about series books - I have no data to support my beliefs, but I think when readers are searching for a book, and find an intriguing series they will almost always start with the first book in the series. Each book then needs to drive the reader to the next - and a bad book in a series would be like a weak link in a chain. So, unless you're writing GOT or The Expanse, I think the later books will get a lot less traffic.

So your fella just told the story (narration) and no different characters? How did it sound when finished?
    The publisher isn't done with it. I just picked him last week.

But most audio books appear to have only one narractor.
    Never pet a burning dog.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345